ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

xplorer² file manager - $14.95 - Bits Du Jour 6/17/2009 - WEDNESDAY

<< < (2/3) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Thanks kreatorr.  I went for it, mostly because it just seems like a nice, sweet program.  Also I sometimes like to have two file managers open, and while, e.g. Total Commander allows double-instances, a lot of times it is easier to work with two distinct programs. Also things like the favorites toolbar buttons make a lot of sense. (If that is what it is.) I can see at least giving xplorer2 some moderate daily usage.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

Dormouse:
I think it's a good program and was very good value at half price. A neat and efficient program to use.
Not quite so worth it for me personally with the portable extra not being reduced (and already having DO, Q-Dir and Shellless) and only really wanting portable programs.

Bending_Unit:
Let me revive this thread then, no point in posting the very same thing i a new thread.

Its on again at BitsDuJour. The Pro and the Ultimate edition. Links from the OP below are still valid.

I have been using xplorer² for years now. Since i don´t have a lifetime license i am still on version 2. And to be honest v3 has no feature that i really absolutely need at this point in time but for the half price i just swept in and bought a new license anyway.   :)

Xplorer2 pro is one of the best file manager for Windows, if you ask me.  :P
It's not often discounted, but now it is 51% off!  :-*

The link is here :
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/xplorer/

xplorer2 home page:
http://www.zabkat.com/
-llc_silly (June 11, 2009, 06:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

IainB:
...I have been using xplorer² for years now. Since i don´t have a lifetime license i am still on version 2. And to be honest v3 has no feature that i really absolutely need at this point in time but for the half price i just swept in and bought a new license anyway. ...
-Bending_Unit (December 13, 2016, 06:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I too have been using xplorer² in various forms for years:

* In 2004, I initially started trialling the $FREE 2xExplorer (which is still a useful piece of software), after being impressed with how well it worked in a corporate Citrix migration and set-up (for peculiar security reasons, we needed to avoid implementing the standard Windows Explorer for users).
* In 2005, I trialled xplorer².
* In 2006, I  purchased a licence for xplorer².
* In 2009, I upgraded (purchased at a discount, I think it was) to a paid lifetime licence for the Pro version.xplorer² blows Windows Explorer out of the water for anyone who browses multiple folders, copies, pastes, moves and searches the PC filesystem frequently
- LifeHacker review

--- End quote ---
I agree with the LifeHacker review - in daily use, one is constantly reminded with how phenomenally powerful and useful a file management tool it is. Of the various alternatives (and some are very good), I consider xplorer² to be second to none. All kudos to its developer.    :Thmbsup:

It is also ergonomically well-designed, making it easy to use - my 15 y/o daughter and 6 y/o son have been using it without difficulty for years. For example, there's a very useful option to have error messages (that appear with an exclamation mark at the bottom of the display) spoken to you as well - in case you didn't see them (or couldn't read them).

Offer ends in approx. 18hrs.

TucknDar:
And again today: http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/xplorer/in=todays-deals-home

I've used Total Commander since it was Windows Commander 3.14 I think, and can't see myself switching fulltime, but thought this was such a good deal that I figured it's another valuable tool to keep in my software arsenal. Impressed, so far!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version