ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Plugin: TinyEV (Everything integration) - 0.9.5 - 12 June 2009 (updated)

<< < (7/16) > >>

jononny:
Is it possible to use regular expressions in the search query? It doesn't seem like it... that would be pretty useful though.

Acck, nevermind, just read the first post again  :P

Gosh this is the most useful thing ever!

CleverCat:
I successfully changed "ev" to "kittens", works just fine.-akx (June 11, 2009, 02:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
So, now we have to launch FARR with the paws key?
-cranioscopical (June 11, 2009, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Armando:
I'm guilty of using farr much less because of everything's speed... If only the integration between both was even better. One of the biggest problem for all of us non-"Anglo Saxons" is probably the various characters which aren't supported by farr :

Also, the swedish characters "åäö" aren't displayed in the results correctly
-Nod5 (June 11, 2009, 05:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll have to look into hacking some Unicode support into the plugin. Problem is that mouser said that FARR isn't Unicode aware, which complicates things...
-akx (June 11, 2009, 11:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

If this could be solved it would be a big step forward.

Everything can be used very easily with a keyboard shortcut though, without going through farr. But it's definitely more elegant and convenient to display results in the farr window for launching and various other operations (alias stuff, copy target path, etc.)

[...] Two other things would be extremely useful:

1. an ini option to let FARR's alias recognition override the results.
example: if the alias "xyz" exists and the user types "ev xyz" then the alias takes priority (just like in a regular FARR search).
2. a hotkey or alias to switch search folder filtering on/off (and some visual cue like a statusbar text)

If we had 1 & 2 then then next step would be to have the plugin handle all searches in FARR.
-Nod5 (June 17, 2009, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I couldn't agree more...

omaedon:
Is it possible to have different search results limit when activating the Everything plugin? Currently, I only let FARR search for *.lnk files and use the Everything plugin to search for everything else. I only let 5 results show on any FARR search in order to make it speedy. This 5 result limit is also active when I do a search with Everything which really isn't enough.  I tried typing +sall after the initial search, but it just searches for "+sall" instead. A means of extending the number of search results after the initial Everything search or having different search result limits for the Everything plugin would be superb.

mouser:
it is easy for a plugin to tell farr how many results to show max and overide the farr default -- maybe a nice option to add to the next version of the plugin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version