ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR Plugin: TinyEV (Everything integration) - 0.9.5 - 12 June 2009 (updated)

<< < (6/16) > >>

edbro:
i can confirm that running FARR "as administrator" allows the Everything plugin to work correctly. So, i'll probably just use this method.
-nudone (June 12, 2009, 04:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, what am I doing wrong here? I've got everything running with admin rights and I also have FARR running as admin (See screenshot). I still can't get this plugin to talk to Everything.
FARR Plugin: TinyEV (Everything integration) - 0.9.5 - 12 June 2009 (updated)

brahman:
Hi,

I am late to the party, but can I make a drink request?  :)

I don't like when too  much stuff is running in the background and keep my system very clean. FARR is an exception, because it is such a great app.

Therefore would it be possible to make Tineev start "Everything" when invoked by FARR hotkey, and close "Everything" when the FARR window is hidden again?

Could you add a path entry in the ini file where the "Everything" path can be entered, in case "Everything" does not run in the background, so it can be started automatically.

And another ini option to close "Everything" when FARR goes to sleep - please, pretty please!?  ;)

That would be cool!  :Thmbsup:

Regards,

Brahman

lanux128:
is there a possibility that apps launched from the search get added to Farr's history?

rojer_31:
I can't get this to work in Win 7 x64. I am not running everything as a service but the plugin is simply not detecting thst evernote is running.

If it works for someone else on win 7, can they help out?

Also, everything supports ETP/FTP and http protocol, so if the plugin uses a protocol, wouldn't it be more standardised and work on more systems?

Thangaraj

valenock:
Win7 x86 - bad luck, the same as above

IMHO, the problem is that everything is running with elevated rights meanwhile FARR is user mode.
IPC can be pretty tricky in such cases although it can be fixed anyway.

implementing ETP support would be nice anyway, I'd like to have aliases like:
ev - search local
ev2 - search home NAS
ev3 - search work NAS through VPN

waiting for an update as soon as you have time

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version