ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recreate files but without content to target drive

<< < (4/11) > >>

skwire:
It's not that slow.  :(  I gave it a test on a folder with 5200 files (184 folders) in it and it was done in around eight seconds.

akx:
I guess I was unclear in my Python script post, but it also adds the zero-byte files with correct modification dates >__>

skwire:
I guess I was unclear in my Python script post, but it also adds the zero-byte files with correct modification dates >__>
-akx (June 10, 2009, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
I just tried your script...very nice work.  =]

vixay:
Akx, you are right. I didn't realize it! Thanks for the script! I didn't have python installed, (doing it now), so i didn't have a quick way of trying it. I guess that means an exe would be welcome as well :P.

skwire, you should upload your webpage so that we can quickly see your apps. and regarding the speed, it is not slow, it's just that some of those nifty utilities have spoiled us with their speed, what with their scans of terabytes of data in seconds. :P

I did a test, 56 seconds for 18,736 files

same test for the script. it failed, doesn't support unicode. :(
J:\Share\Programs\@Network\eToolz\Language\English.lng
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "makeTreeZip.py", line 43, in <module>
    mtime=time.localtime(os.stat(f).st_mtime)
WindowsError: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax i
s incorrect: 'J:\\Share\\Programs\\@Network\\eToolz\\Language\\Fran?ais.bmp'
--- End quote ---

mouser:
Nice work both of you..

akx: very very cool stuff  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version