ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Get keystroke value

(1/3) > >>

HankFriedman:
First, I'd like to thank everyone at DonationCoder.com and all of its members for the incredible quality and value of this website and its forum members.

I purchased a Kinesis Freestyle keyboard and it has "driverless" special function keys, some of which I'd like to remap.

I found the great utility SharpKeys at: http://www.randyrants.com/2006/07/sharpkeys_211.html that allows me to change specific keys (so I changed my Caps Lock to an End key) but I don't know how to ascertain the value of some of the keys, and am wondering if anyone out there knows of a utility that displays keystroke values as you press a key, so that I can utilize the remapping of SharpKeys for the other special keys on the keyboard.

thank you very much

fenixproductions:
2HankFriedman
Maybe this will help:
http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22881

HankFriedman:
Dear Fenixproductions,

Thank you for that. I appreciate the time and help you've given me.

I did manage to copy and run the script and get some scancode values (now I know what to call them!) but I guess I'm a bit of a novice and am beginning to realize that SharpKeys is fine for changing one scancode to another, but what I need is that ability to change, for example Win-F (which is the code the Search key on the keyboard generates) to Cntl-F1 (that's control function key one) which is beyond SharpKey's ability it seems, and beyond mine.

I understand that someone familiar with AutoHotKey might write a script to do this, but I neither know how to do this nor how to get such a script to automatically execute with each boot-up.

fenixproductions:
I understand that someone familiar with AutoHotKey might write a script to do this, but I neither know how to do this nor how to get such a script to automatically execute with each boot-up.-HankFriedman (June 08, 2009, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think skrommel might do better job explaining (he is AHK guru here) but I'll try my best:

1. download AHK installation package,
2. take a look on AHK Help file ("Remapping Keys and Buttons" and "Key list (Keyboard, Mouse, Joystick)" chapters or mentioned post on AHK board,
3. write simple script in text editor similar to:

--- ---#Persistent
^x::^z

4. compile to EXE using Ahk2Exe.exe tool bundled within AHK package,
5. create shortcut (LNK) for it and put into "Autostart" folder of your Windows "Start" menu.

Sadly: it requires from you time to learn (or search through AHK forum.
Luckily: new knowledge is always big +.

HankFriedman:
fenixproductions,

I tried to implement what you suggested, and got error codes on execution.

I'm probably making a really silly mistake due to my ignorance of AutoHotKey.

I created this script:

#Persistent
LWin f::Ctrl F1

and whether I have spaces between the LWin and f (and between the Ctrl and F1) or not, it compiles fine but gives me an error message upon execution.

Am I missing a basic syntax statement?  (I also tried including your first line, but got an error message on it too)

Can you or someone help me with this?

thank you very much

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version