ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Alt-tab replacement ?

<< < (4/4)

f0dder:
Personally, I prefer switcher2... it's an exposé clone so a bit different from your regular Alt+Tab, but I find it's a lot more convenient when you have boatloads of windows across multiple monitors.

sajman99:
Working on Windows XP and multiple monitors recently and I can say that Alt-Tab Thingy appeared to be the best. And that is thanks to the possibility to limit shown applications to current desktop only (determined my mouse cursor position)...
-fenixproductions (December 15, 2009, 11:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I tried Alt-Tab-Thingy recently it was pretty darn nice, but unfortunately it seemed kinda buggy (ie. showing the wrong thumbnail for some apps) and too unresponsive (ie. noticeable delay before rendering thumbnails). Maybe I had a conflict of some sort, but I didn't look into it much before discarding it. I guess I'll take another look...

fenixproductions:
2sajman99
I think that issues with ATT are different for each PC.

I can't work with it at home due to problems described by you, but it is perfect on my work PC  :tellme:.

sajman99:
Ah..thanks for telling. ;)

In his original post kartal had mentioned bugs in Alt-Tab-Thingy, but I thought maybe the newest version would work for me. Uh...not so much. ;D

phitsc:
Despite what it says on their web site, VistaSwitcher seems to run well on Windows 8. Problems might be related to Metro and Apps (which I don't use). There's a nice review here:

http://winaero.com/blog/review-vistaswitcher-best-alttab-replacement-that-also-works-with-modern-apps/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version