ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good TV series. What do you watch? I used to watch Lost to unwind need successor

<< < (19/21) > >>

40hz:
... now SyFy ...
-Innuendo (December 08, 2009, 10:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh grief no ... it sounds like some sort of STD !
-Carol Haynes (December 08, 2009, 07:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

To me it sounds more like somebody's trying to register a trade name and 'sci-fi' is already in the public domain. ;D

Innuendo:
To me it sounds more like somebody's trying to register a trade name and 'sci-fi' is already in the public domain. ;D-40hz (December 08, 2009, 09:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

That and they no longer show really good sci-fi. They've gone to 'sci-fi lite'...ergo, SyFy. ;)

(Though Battlestar Galactica is one of the best TV shows you will *ever* watch...even if you hated the original version or even if you hate science fiction.)

40hz:
That and they no longer show really good sci-fi.
-Innuendo (December 09, 2009, 05:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

When they show sci-fi at all.  :P

Last night SyFy channel was running an hour of "pro" wrestling on my DirectTV box.

Looking at the program schedule, it appears that ECW Smash-Ups is going to be a regular feature every Tuesday @ 10:00pm going forward. Oh well...at least it was a hour's respite from the rest of the day, which consisted of 11 hours worth of:Scare Tactics Repackaged; Scare Tactics Repackaged S1; Scare Tactics Season 3.5; and Scare Tactics Season 3.

(Though Battlestar Galactica is one of the best TV shows you will *ever* watch...even if you hated the original version or even if you hate science fiction.)
--- End quote ---

It wasn't bad even if I never became much of a fan. But IMHO anything would have been an improvement over the original series.

But for military-themed space opera, I'd still have to give the nod to Space: Above and Beyond. Clips are up on YouTube if anybody's interested.

AndyM:
Though Battlestar Galactica is one of the best TV shows you will *ever* watch
--- End quote ---

2nd that

Innuendo:
Looking at the program schedule, it appears that ECW Smash-Ups is going to be a regular feature every Tuesday @ 10:00pm going forward.-40hz (December 09, 2009, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Going forward? Where ya been? ECW has been in that time slot for the last two years. Sad, but true. :(

But for military-themed space opera, I'd still have to give the nod to Space: Above and Beyond.
--- End quote ---

That show was ahead of its time. It'd do a lot better today than it did at the time. That was another show Fox sabotaged by screwing around with its time slot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version