ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good TV series. What do you watch? I used to watch Lost to unwind need successor

<< < (17/21) > >>

CleverCat:
Mum and I find Australian Series and Movies excellent! Real people...-CleverCat (December 06, 2009, 01:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

How can you keep all the characters straight when they all talk & look like Crocodile Dundee?

And that's just the women! :: ducking and running ::
-Innuendo (December 06, 2009, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Being in South Africa for many years helps decipher the accent! Plus we lived down under for 4 years!  ;D

If u want a real challenge, watch Taggart (UK series based in Glasgow Scotland) - now there's an accent!  ;)

MilesAhead:
If u want a real challenge, watch Taggart (UK series based in Glasgow Scotland) - now there's an accent!
--- End quote ---

On some of the BBCA shows here they have English subs for the characters with heavy dialects.

mouser:
On some of the BBCA shows here they have English subs for the characters with heavy dialects.
--- End quote ---
i love it  ;D -- are there any other languages where you have to subtitle in the same language they are speaking because the accents are so thick?

housetier:
Low German needs subtitles too for the others. But you rarely get to hear it these days, it's a dying language...

I have seen German subs for heavy swiss (Schwyzerdüütsch) accents too.

sunlitlaz:
First off, Firefly is always first, no exceptions.  :)

As for non-canceled shows:

NCIS - Another nod for this one as it's already been mentioned.
Lie To Me - This one is turning out to be great.
White Collar - I have been enjoying this one as well.
Burn Notice - This one is just plain awesome!

I like the IT Crowd too, but it's a whole different genre/show from Lost or the above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version