ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good TV series. What do you watch? I used to watch Lost to unwind need successor

<< < (8/21) > >>

Innuendo:
If someone is a sci-fi fan and wants a far-reaching epic storyline and is willing to make a time investment look no farther than Babylon 5. With a non-static world where if something happens in one episode it is true in all subsequent episodes and story arcs that reach across seasons it's a very well-written space opera with a widely varied cast of characters with plenty of intrigue & cloak and dagger mystery.

MilesAhead:
Hmmmmm, how about the category of "Host(s) who ridicule the movies in order to get you to watch schlock flix?" I can think of MST3K, Elvira Mistress of the Dark, The Cool Ghoul, Pheep(guy in a costume.. he's supposed to be an alien but he looks like a lightbulb with a megaphone in his mouth.)  That's all I get off the top of my head.  Anyone have any other nominees?  :)

Ehtyar:
If someone is a sci-fi fan and wants a far-reaching epic storyline and is willing to make a time investment look no farther than Babylon 5. With a non-static world where if something happens in one episode it is true in all subsequent episodes and story arcs that reach across seasons it's a very well-written space opera with a widely varied cast of characters with plenty of intrigue & cloak and dagger mystery.
-Innuendo (June 08, 2009, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1 +1 +1 :-*

Ehtyar.

merkin:
Lie To Me
House
Criminal Minds
CSI Vegas
Medium
Supernatural
The Mentalist
The Unit
Weeds

If you like comedy, Testees.
My favourite quote, "apparently you're not supposed to stick a carrot in your eurethra".   :o

wraith808:
-Innuendo (June 08, 2009, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm as big a sci-fi fan as any, but I just couldn't get into it for some reason.  I even like Straczynski's other work, especially Rising Stars (I wish Heroes hadn't taken off an let us down- Rising Stars was better and well plotted), Supreme Power and surprisingly Midnight Nation.

I gave B5 an honest try, and probably will again at some point.  But the first time struck out with me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version