ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good TV series. What do you watch? I used to watch Lost to unwind need successor

<< < (7/21) > >>

Innuendo:
Lexx is awesome...I never got to watch the show when it originally aired & I was for darn sure not going to pay the going prices for what the DVDs are going for these days, but I was fortunate enough to get the DVDs by other means...

But that show was razor-sharp. Beyond all the surrealism there was some smart writing with clever plot devices that have not been seen before or since. However, I don't think this show, as good as it is, fits the spirit of the thread. It wasn't a sit & unwind type of affair. It demanded your full attention & if you didn't give your full attention you ended up missing lots of clever bits & pieces.

Eva Habermann was better. Unfortunately, contractual obligations cut her participation in the series short. She's stated in interviews that she would have loved to play the part through the entire series run. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

MilesAhead:
Truly weird series. Especially the first season with the original cast.

(I also thought Eva Habermann did a better portrayal of the character Zev than Xenia Seeberg did. But maybe that's just me. ;D)

--- End quote ---

I thought Xenia Seeberg looked really lame until she landed on planet Fire.  After Prince took the guk off her she emerged with a hot hairdo and outfit that made all the difference.  Both babes were good though.

MilesAhead:
But that show was razor-sharp. Beyond all the surrealism there was some smart writing with clever plot devices that have not been seen before or since.
-Innuendo (June 07, 2009, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, every time I have the misfortune to deal with hospitals, health insurance, yadda yadda, I think of the sequence where Zev blows up the moon behind the hospital satellite and all of a sudden they offer health care pro bono! Wish I had me one of them big bugs sometimes. :)

40hz:
But that show was razor-sharp. Beyond all the surrealism there was some smart writing with clever plot devices that have not been seen before or since.
-Innuendo (June 07, 2009, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, every time I have the misfortune to deal with hospitals, health insurance, yadda yadda, I think of the sequence where Zev blows up the moon behind the hospital satellite and all of a sudden they offer health care pro bono! Wish I had me one of them big bugs sometimes. :)

-MilesAhead (June 07, 2009, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or if not a bug, at least Zev. Based on her design spec and function, I'm sure she could take your mind off everything except one thing.  ;)

MilesAhead:
40hz I wouldn't want to be havin' no heart condition with that babe around! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version