ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good TV series. What do you watch? I used to watch Lost to unwind need successor

<< < (6/21) > >>

Innuendo:
Miles, I know what you mean...I think I only saw one Bada Bing girl in the entire series run that I found really attractive. As for the show ending, the official reason was that they wanted to go out on top before they started to run out of ideas and the show became lame and sad. The unofficial reason, and the one I believe to carry more weight, is that HBO was tired of paying Gandolfini over one million dollars per episode.

I hope he stashed his money away because I am willing to bet him doing that Tony Awards gig didn't pay too many bills. ;)

Innuendo:
Oh, another recommendation....if one likes quirky characters with quirky plots with some smart writing I'll recommend Sci-Fi Channel's Eureka. It'll be entering its third season this coming July and it's a great show to sit down and be entertained while one unwinds.

MilesAhead:
Miles, I know what you mean...I think I only saw one Bada Bing girl in the entire series run that I found really attractive.
-Innuendo (June 07, 2009, 10:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, it's pretty bad when you're hoping Meadow takes a shower. ;)

As for the show ending, the official reason was that they wanted to go out on top before they started to run out of ideas and the show became lame and sad.

--- End quote ---
As it was I think they rehashed some old plot pieces and stuck 'em together.  Seems to me they redid the bit about people having their "goodie bags" ripped off near the end of the series that was originally done when Christopher was selling his movie script.  Plus that same episode had some other stuff that tasted like used coffee grounds.  Can't remember exactly but there were 3 or 4 elements that were pure rehash.

I hope he stashed his money away because I am willing to bet him doing that Tony Awards gig didn't pay too many bills. ;)

--- End quote ---

I can't believe they sold it to A & E with the audio euphemism insertions.  I mean, the only way I could watch that would be if Joel Hodgeson and a couple of robots made sarcastic comments while the show was playing on a screen in the background. ;)

MilesAhead:
Plus, let's not forget one of the freakiest TV shows of all time, LEXX.  Talk about weird! It's bad enough to have a contract put out on you but for some reason I don't want to be killed by a dead assassin.

OTOH, if you have to be President of the USA, Bunny is hotter than most first ladies I've seen. ;)

40hz:
Plus, let's not forget one of the freakiest TV shows of all time, LEXX.  Talk about weird! It's bad enough to have a contract put out on you but for some reason I don't want to be killed by a dead assassin.
-MilesAhead (June 07, 2009, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Truly weird series. Especially the first season with the original cast.

(I also thought Eva Habermann did a better portrayal of the character Zev than Xenia Seeberg did. But maybe that's just me. ;D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version