ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

[SOLVED] Show Center of monitor screen

(1/7) > >>

Curt:
Solved (https://github.com/lacymorrow/crossover/releases/tag/v3.1.5)
Original text:

Editing a wallpaper photo, I need this little dot to be situated at the very center of the finished photo = the center of the screen. So I fumble around with my calculator and papers, but it would be so much faster if I could only press a hotkey and up comes some crossmark of a kind, illuminating the exact place at once. Then I could maybe hit the same hotkey again, and the crossmark disappears. Or how it should be done.

It could very well look just like Skrommel's MouseMark, or whatever 'you', dear coder, will like it to.

Any takers?

---
Just an example:

lanux128:
see if this helps you: ShowScreenCenter. :)

you can press Capslock to show/hide a tooltip at the center of the screen. btw, i've only tested on a single monitor system with the taskbar at the bottom.

--- ---; Show Center of monitor
;   https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18632.0
; Use Capslock to show/hide a tooltip at the center of the screen.
; Last Updated: 06/06/2009

#Persistent
#SingleInstance force
#NoEnv

SendMode, Input
DetectHiddenWindows On
CoordMode,Mouse,Screen
toggle=0
Return

~CapsLock::
If toggle=0
  {
  ToolTip, +, (A_ScreenWidth/2), (A_ScreenHeight/2)
  toggle=1
  }
Else
  {
  ToolTip
  toggle=0
  }
Return

lanux128:
[user]lanux128[/user] wonders if anyone tried this script.. :-\

Curt:
- inside my little head I answered and thanked you long ago, but now I realize that I wrote nothing! Sorry!! :-[

Yes, of course I've tried it, and it works fine.  :up:

There are some behaviours that I don't fully understand, when I have a window of a kind open, but for the time being I have simply minimized all windows before I press the hotkey and only then maximize the IrfanView window, to see where the center is. Within this frame, ShowScreenCenter works just perfect.

Thanks, lanux  :Thmbsup:

[SOLVED] Show Center of monitor screen

lanux128:
thanks for the feedback, Curt. i was wondering whether this script suited your purpose and i'm glad that your response has indicated it is so. :)

btw, what was the behaviour that you mentioned? if you want, the script can be modified to work only if certain apps (such as IrfanView) are active.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version