ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Weird Window When Computer Boots Up

<< < (4/9) > >>

moranacus:
My Windows XP got corrupted abput a month ago.
I had the whole hard drive wiped and WINDOWS XP Home Version with SERVICE PACK 2
was installed.
It is an official WINDOWS XP and I have a label on the top of my computer that shows this.

J-Mac:
My Windows XP got corrupted abput a month ago.
I had the whole hard drive wiped and WINDOWS XP Home Version with SERVICE PACK 2
was installed.
It is an official WINDOWS XP and I have a label on the top of my computer that shows this.

-moranacus (June 05, 2009, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

No problem. Just follow the instructions at the Microsoft link I posted above. If it doesn't re-activate onlinethen it has a number where you can call them. It's painless. Just have the info on the label - it is also on the Windows CD and sleeve - when you try. If you call they will ask for the key and what happened. Then they'll activate it for you.

Jim

moranacus:
I was told by someone else that something I can't detect (not sure what) its doing something
to my Windows XP making seem like its an invalid version. Is there a reason why I should
have to do this again when the tech that repaired my computer did this already????
I can't take these computer problems any longer!!!! I just paid $243 on May 11 to have my hard drive wiped and Windows XP reinstalled and I already have a problem.

J-Mac:
I was told by someone else that something I can't detect (not sure what) its doing something
to my Windows XP making seem like its an invalid version. Is there a reason why I should
have to do this again when the tech that repaired my computer did this already????
I can't take these computer problems any longer!!!! I just paid $243 on May 11 to have my hard drive wiped and Windows XP reinstalled and I already have a problem.
-moranacus (June 06, 2009, 01:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well the tech may not have reactivated your copy. Or possibly installed a non-authentic copy - but let's not assume that.

All you have to do is go to that Microsoft page and see if your copy is activated. If not they will activate it. This is not a big deal. If you are going to continue using a computer, you need to get used to this. Probably won't be the last time!

Jim

moranacus:
Don't you sleep????
Thanks for you info!!!!
I never had to do this before!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version