ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

NoteZilla

<< < (9/11) > >>

J-Mac:
BTW, I will be sticking with Notezilla 7, mainly because you have taken away my ability to send notes over my network. Now you want me to use a paid subscription service just to be able to send a note to a computer in my own home network.

That'll never happen here!

Jim

conceptworld:

She is saying that your FlashWindowEx API call is already overriding the OS default by causing the taskbar to lock open. She wants you to stop overriding the default!
--- End quote ---

@J-Mac

Yes. I think you are right Jim.

because you have taken away my ability to send notes over my network. Now you want me to use a paid subscription service just to be able to send a note to a computer in my own home network.
--- End quote ---

Well, the subscription comes with lot of other things. If it is your own computer, you don't have to send sticky notes back and forth. Subscription comes with syncing of sticky notes between your computers so that you have the same copy of sticky notes everywhere. Plus, when you have the subscription, you create/access sticky notes from any smart-phone such as iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android etc.

In order to take several bigger steps in future, we have had to take couple of steps backwards. If you look at the whole picture, you will learn several benefits of the new model.

Subscription is free for the first year. So one has nothing to lose. It is win-win.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

J-Mac:

because you have taken away my ability to send notes over my network. Now you want me to use a paid subscription service just to be able to send a note to a computer in my own home network.
--- End quote ---

Well, the subscription comes with lot of other things. If it is your own computer, you don't have to send sticky notes back and forth. Subscription comes with syncing of sticky notes between your computers so that you have the same copy of sticky notes everywhere. Plus, when you have the subscription, you create/access sticky notes from any smart-phone such as iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android etc.-conceptworld (April 21, 2013, 06:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am certain that will be a welcome addition for some users; doesn’t do anything for me though.

In order to take several bigger steps in future, we have had to take couple of steps backwards. If you look at the whole picture, you will learn several benefits of the new model.
--- End quote ---

But I don’t have to do so right now, correct? I can keep running NZ7?

Subscription is free for the first year. So one has nothing to lose. It is win-win.
--- End quote ---

And the subscription cost thereafter?

Doggone... I lost Piky Suite when you decided to kill that off a year or so ago, and RecentX just became stale - I don’t think there has been an update of much significance for a few years now. Just making it work in OS and browser updates. RecentX had become a bit of a CPU hog when indexing so I had to abandon that. After Notezilla 7 becomes extinct I will not be using any of your programs.   :(

Thank you.

Jim

conceptworld:

And the subscription cost thereafter?
--- End quote ---
You can get the details from here.

I lost Piky Suite when you decided to kill that off a year or so ago

--- End quote ---

PikySuite was re-launched as Copywhiz. We did not kill it. We discontinued some minor features that came with Windows Vista/7/8 as part of Windows Explorer itself.

RecentX just became stale - I don’t think there has been an update of much significance for a few years now. Just making it work in OS and browser updates. RecentX had become a bit of a CPU hog when indexing so I had to abandon that.
--- End quote ---

We are working on the CPU usage thing. Thanks for your feedback.

After Notezilla 7 becomes extinct I will not be using any of your programs.
--- End quote ---

:huh:

Dormouse:
I haven't upgraded Notezilla because I have no interest in an online subscription.
I understand vendors being attracted to the idea because it gives them an extra income stream, but the other side of that coin is that users have an extra cost.

I much prefer any cloud synchronization to be done through cloud storage (Dropbox, Box etc) - or Google Calendar for reminders, etc. The only exception I make is Evernote, which has a different function and which has a free account so you never have to pay. Android/iOS apps would be good if they optionally synchronised with an online database (though I have found that the Android stickies I use all use handwriting, which I have found more convenient).

Agree completely with app103's recommendations for improvements to the reminders feature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version