ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

NoteZilla

<< < (8/11) > >>

wraith808:
If he gave the option to allow the popup window to behave according to my OS settings, it wouldn't lock the taskbar in its fully extended position like it does.
-app103 (April 10, 2013, 01:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

An annoyance under the best conditions.  With *your* task bar?  
* wraith808 shudders

app103:
An annoyance under the best conditions.  With *your* task bar? 
* wraith808 shudders
-wraith808 (April 10, 2013, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

rjbull:
>> My version of this is to have a particular sticky note pop
>> up on ALL pages of a given site, not just a specific one.
You could do this even with Notezilla 7 using wildcards inside titles. When sticking note to a particular window you are shown  the 'Stick To Window' dialog with list of open windows. You can just double click on any window title and edit it like *eBay*. So the note will appear on all pages of eBay website.-conceptworld (April 08, 2013, 12:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah...  I missed the possibility to edit.  Thanks for pointing that out.

conceptworld:

@app103

Thanks a lot for the details.

But it is his fault and not the fault of Microsoft or XP. He is the one making the FlashWindowEx API call that is overriding my OS defaults.
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I didn't know there was a way to override the defaults. Please do explain how to overrid the defaults so that we can follow the standards. This is better than providing an app specific option. Please do email directly to support [at] conceptworld [dot] com, so that we don't fill this thread with conversations not beneficial to others.

@rgdot

I always thought a better solution would be for the sticky note (containing the reminder/assigned the alarm) itself to pop up. Never used NoteZilla kind of surprised it doesn't have this option (or does it?).
--- End quote ---

Yes, in the new version Notezilla popups up the sticky note. But Windows does not allow other programs to interrupt. So, we flash the taskbar button.

Thanks everyone :)

Regards,
Gautam Jain

J-Mac:

But it is his fault and not the fault of Microsoft or XP. He is the one making the FlashWindowEx API call that is overriding my OS defaults.
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I didn't know there was a way to override the defaults. Please do explain how to overrid the defaults so that we can follow the standards. This is better than providing an app specific option. Please do email directly to support [at] conceptworld [dot] com, so that we don't fill this thread with conversations not beneficial to others.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

-conceptworld (April 15, 2013, 01:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Gautam,

Perhaps I misunderstand, but I don’t believe that April is asking you to override a default. She is saying that your FlashWindowEx API call is already overriding the OS default by causing the taskbar to lock open. She wants you to stop overriding the default!

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version