ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR Unable to launch VirtualBox (and perhaps others) in Win7?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
i wonder if indeed that . is the problem.. care to experiment a little by making copies of the program in dif dirs with and without dots in them?

dandersahn:
Reinstalled in "C:\Program Files (x86)\PaintDotNET\PaintDotNet.exe".  Still no luck.

dandersahn:
I figured out something out that is fairly bizarre.  If I view the properties for the shortcut by using the right click context menu from within Explorer, the target shows as...

C:\Program Files\PaintDotNET\PaintDotNet.exe

... which is correct.  BUT if I select "shell context menu" from the FARR context menu and then select properties, the target (for the exact same shortcut file) shows as ...

C:\Program Files (x86)\PaintDotNET\PaintDotNet.exe

So something funky is going on for some 64bit programs.  My workaround is to "Ignore item in the future" and have FARR launch the exe directly instead of the shortcut.  This workaround obviously only works if there are no arguments.  I will try running the program in compatibility modes to see if that helps.

Tekzel:
I have had a similar issue, Win7 RC1 x64 and the one I notice this on is Q-Dir 64bit.  I just figured it was the fact that it was a 64bit program and that had something do with it.  Can't think of any others off hand, but I know I have the issue with at least one other program.

dandersahn:
I have found that if you change the path by opening the shortcut properties through the FARR (1-right click on the shortcut within the FARR results, 2-"shell context menu", 3-"properties") it will fix the problem.  It's almost as if somehow the shortcut is storing two values - one for 64bit Explorer and one for 32bit FARR.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version