ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Star Wars: The Old Republic

(1/1)

Ehtyar:
I won't be prejudicial about this game based on the "Lucas Arts" label (it's an MMO, Star Wars: Galaxies now but a distant memory/nightmare), and I have to say, this trailer looks to be made of epic. See for yourselves:
Star Wars: The Old RepublicStar Wars: The Old RepublicStar Wars: The Old RepublicStar Wars: The Old RepublicStar Wars: The Old RepublicYou can find the hi-def (as hi-def as I could find) trailer here but since flash does such a sh!t job rendering it, you can download the flv here.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will be an MMPRPG, built by LukasArts and BioShock. It is expected to be released Q1 2010. The backstory will be provided in a series of webcomics which can be found here. There are 7 released at time of writing, and a new one will be posted bi-monthly up to the release.

Ehtyar.

Innuendo:
I love Star Wars, but I hate MMOs. They are just huge money and time sinks.

If I wanted to 'grind' I'd go do some yard work.

wraith808:
Not all by any means.  You can grind, but you don't have to.. and with my Lifetime Membership to LOTRO, I don't have to spend any more money other than on expansions if I want them.  I went 6 months before I bought the Moria expansion.  I'm not sure about the subscription plans, but I hope they have something similar for SWTOP.

I won't be prejudicial about this game based on the "Lucas Arts" label (it's an MMO, Star Wars: Galaxies now but a distant memory/nightmare), and I have to say, this trailer looks to be made of epic. See for yourselves:
--- End quote ---
Many people have said that it was because I didn't live through the NGE era, but SWG is pretty good IMO.

Ehtyar:
I love Star Wars, but I hate MMOs. They are just huge money and time sinks.

If I wanted to 'grind' I'd go do some yard work.
-Innuendo (June 02, 2009, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Very well said. I'm also quite wary of this business model, but if the game is anything like the trailer, I'm going to have to give it a try.

Ehtyar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version