ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Need help finding a Windows XP Home Edition ISO (for LEGAL use)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eóin:
Nudone, there are retail ISOs there also, but yeah if you download the VL ISO a preinstalled key won't work with it.

wraith808:
Just what I was looking for - a clean, retail ISO :up:

-wreckedcarzz (June 01, 2009, 07:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Were you able to get it?  I've been trying to solve this same problem- installing with only a key not a cd.  But deposit files doesn't have the ISO posted anymore.

Eóin:
Didn't check if the links were still valid myself, but try the torrent files. And of course always make you you double check the file hash when it's downloaded to be sure you have a genuine non hacked ISO.

wraith808:
Yeah... I hate torrents that way.  I've downloaded what were supposed to be legitimate copies before from torrents (in general isos to machines that didn't have cd/dvd drives) and they've been hacked... always a question of should I go ahead and use that since I have a legitimate version or not.

wreckedcarzz:
Were you able to get it?  I've been trying to solve this same problem- installing with only a key not a cd.  But deposit files doesn't have the ISO posted anymore.
-wraith808 (June 02, 2009, 10:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

My friend said he started the download (he is on a 200MB/day cap) so I'm not sure yet if it is working. I linked him the Retail version of Home (the ISO and not the Torrent)
Windows XP Home with Service Pack 3 (x86) Retail CD (English)

Direct Download via HTTP: en_windows_xp_home_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_x14-92413.iso
Size: 564.72 MB
SHA1: 5a6b959ad24d15dc7ebd85e501b83d105d1b37c6
ISO/CRC: FFFFFFFF
--- End quote ---
so hopefully he can get it downloaded and burned and everything will go to plan...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version