ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 7 evaluation

<< < (12/17) > >>

mahesh2k:
I want to know about the minimum RAM requirements of windows 7 editions. Is it going to be more than 1 GB ?
Official requirements and as per interface it will vary no doubt. but what are the personal observations you got after trying Win 7 beta ?

steeladept:
What little testing I have done & seen, it works okay with 1GB, though I wouldn't want to go any lower.  That was with most of the eye candy turned off, but all functions available.

Shades:
If you don't do games and have a decent (256Mb or higher) video card, you can use Windows (and standard Office apps) already at 512Kbyte RAM. It is not nearly as resource hogging as Vista is. Of course, it thrives with 2Gbyte or more.

tslim:
My biggest hatre of Vista is it won't let any 16bits program to go fullscreen be it text mode application or grphical games...
Hope Win7  will lift this restriction... however I don't think MS care about backward compatibility as much as they used to, chances is there will be more restriction

Lashiec:
If you don't do games and have a decent (256Mb or higher) video card, you can use Windows (and standard Office apps) already at 512Kbyte RAM. It is not nearly as resource hogging as Vista is. Of course, it thrives with 2Gbyte or more.
-Shades (July 09, 2009, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Impressive optimization work by Microsoft :o :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version