ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google demonstrates new communication platform "WAVE": mail, chat , wiki, ..

<< < (8/18) > >>

jomanlk:
I just got in a couple days ago and they haven't given me any invites to give out yet.
-Deozaan (October 17, 2009, 02:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do buzz this topic when you can spread the wave :)

urlwolf:
Wave seems to be a fantastic notetaker :)
If only because of that, I can see myself using it quite a lot.

Deozaan:
I just got in a couple days ago and they haven't given me any invites to give out yet.
-Deozaan (October 17, 2009, 02:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do buzz this topic when you can spread the wave :)
-jomanlk (October 17, 2009, 05:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Someone just told me that they've been reading information all over the internet about Wave and the general consensus is that if you sign up on the waiting list at http://wave.google.com/ you will eventually be invited by Google and then you will get 8 invites to send out to others.

But if you are one of the lucky people who is invited by someone else, you don't get any invites to send out to others.

So I may not be getting any invites to send out for quite some time.  :(

Almost makes me regret being invited by the good folks here at DC. Almost.  ;)

jomanlk:
I signed up more than a month ago. I didn't send the Wave team a message though, apparently that was a criterion for the first wave of invites, damn my terrible haiku skills! I suppose I'll just have to wait like everybody else.  :-\

cmpm:
It looks like what can be done already with collaborating document programs. Google docs or ThinkFree or many other collaboration tools.

Maybe you can add more to this type of communication.
You do have to email collaborators for the other tools,
but I expect I can add most anything to a doc in one of these other tools.

Still I think I'll check it out.

Here's more info from DownloadSquad.

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/11/01/confused-about-google-wave-now-you-can-read-the-bleeping-manual/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version