ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google demonstrates new communication platform "WAVE": mail, chat , wiki, ..

<< < (11/18) > >>

PPLandry:
Could we make a list somewhere of who is already on it (and the corresponding email if they want connecting) and who might still want one?
-iphigenie (November 26, 2009, 08:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've created this WikiSpace for this purpose:
http://dcwaves.wikispaces.com/

Welcome to a Wiki for DonationCoders interested in Google Wave!

Getting Started

* Interested in Google Wave, but don't haven't yet been invited? Click here to put you on a list. We're a generous crowd, so it should be long before someone invites you!
    * Just got a GW account and wondering "Now what?" Checkout this page (in construction) about tips and tricks
    * Don't have anyone to Wave with? A list of "volonteers" can be found here

--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
Anyone try out Wave recently?

I just did and it has improved a lot. It still has some speed issues, but they implemented Ctrl-Z to undo, and you can make sure your replies appear the way you want them to from the drop down menu of a blip. Select "Continue Thread" to reply below, or select "Indented Reply" to indent.

You can also get notifications in your e-mail inbox about Wave updates. That is, when a Wave you are in updates, you can be notified. There's also a feedback survey I'd encourage everyone to fill out who would like to give some feedback. Oh, and the feedback survey definitely highlights the Fireflyw/Serenityw influences.

If it's been a while since you last tried Wave, it might be about time to poke your head in there and see what's changed. It's still not anywhere near ready for primetime, but it's nice to see the progress it has made in the past couple of months.

jomanlk:
hmm, it's been a couple of months since I last used it. The bigger problem for me is none of my circle actually use it since the initial buzz after the launch. Maybe they'll integrate all of this into Gmail?

Deozaan:
hmm, it's been a couple of months since I last used it. The bigger problem for me is none of my circle actually use it since the initial buzz after the launch. Maybe they'll integrate all of this into Gmail?
-jomanlk (March 24, 2010, 04:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't really think that's a problem at this time, since Wave is pre-beta (they call it Google Wave Preview). I wouldn't expect the everyday PC user to want to use Wave right now. Heck, I don't. It's just not fast enough yet, but the stability seems to have improved. Anyway, my point is that it's in the very early stages of development, so right now for the average person it's just something to take a look at for a bit, get an idea of the potential it may have, then check back in on the progress every so often.

I think once they allow you to integrate Waves into other websites (including Gmail) it will become a lot more ubiquitous.

jomanlk:
Yeah, I see what you mean. I liked the fact that you could embed it into blogs and other sites. It has some great use cases when collaboration comes into play. I'll give it a look and see what's changed since last year, thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version