ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"Check mail every ??? minutes"

<< < (2/7) > >>

mrainey:
I have Courier check every five minutes.

tomos:
nice to know I'm not alone in the 2-5 mins category :D
I have email client minimised to tray but no sound notification - otherwise I'd get nothing done ...

Lashiec:
Dunno. As soon as I receive new mail, Miranda notifies me of it. In the case of Yahoo, the system is a bit flaky (so it could notify you the next day), and GMail is supposed to check every 30 minutes.

f0dder:
Dunno. As soon as I receive new mail, Miranda notifies me of it. In the case of Yahoo, the system is a bit flaky (so it could notify you the next day), and GMail is supposed to check every 30 minutes.-Lashiec (May 26, 2009, 07:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
But Miranda interacts with your POP3 or IMAP account, yes? Then it has to check for mail every "X" minutes :)

Personally, I set TheBat to check every 5 minutes (couldn't remember whether I used 5 or 10 minutes, and noticed I had it set at 3 - decided to bump to 5 to be a bit more polite to the mailservers). Contemplating moving to IMAP-based mail (and perhaps ditching TheBat in favor of the less cluttered ThunderBird), along with MailStore/whatever to index older mails.

Darwin:
I'm in the same boat - had to check what I set my check mail period is and found it to be three minutes. Like f0dder, I changed this to every five minutes (I don't do anything THAT important!).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version