ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

how to specify searching only in two specific folders?

(1/5) > >>

cedardoc:
Hi,

I found this topic that seems kind of related:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12996.0

but I don't understand it.

Is there a simple way to specify only to search a certain folder and one of its subfolders?  I'm using FARR to search for patient files while patients are in the treatment rooms and can see what comes up, so in that senario I don't want all my little text files in different directories coming up, but I don't want to just screen out all txt files.  I'm using an autohotkey input box to get the patient's name and then sending it to FARR that way.

If I add "D:\Gaitscan\" (without quotes) in front of it, it'll find the one folder, and if I add another backslash it finds files in the subfolder but not the "parent" folder.  I tried adding "--" like the thread above was talking about, but it didn't work.

Is there a way to have FARR search this way?

Thanks,
Dave Parker

mouser:
Is there a simple way to specify only to search a certain folder and one of its subfolders?
--- End quote ---

the way to do this would be to:
1. Add the main folder to the Search Folder list, and specify Subdirectory Search Depth = 0 (which prevents farr from searching subdirectories)
*and*
2. Add the one subfolder you also want searched to the list and also specify Subdirectory Search Depth = 0 (which prevents farr from searching that folders subdirectories)

cedardoc:
Thanks, but if I did that wouldn't it limit my search to those two folders for every search?  (I think that's what you're saying). 

What I'd like to be able to do is a) search all folders when I put in any "regular" word, and b) also search //only// those two by adding some indicator in front of what I want to search.  I may however be missing something that would be obvious to others (I don't have any actual programming knowledge).

Would you mind elaborating please?
Thanks again,
-Dave

mouser:
ok so to do that just add the same keyword modifier to both of those search folder entries and use that to restrict search to those folders.

for example, for both of those search folder entries specify keyword modifier: patients

now to search those two folders (and only those two folders) specify your search like
+patients SEARCH STRING HERE

cedardoc:
Great!

I'll try that out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version