ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Company audited my computer. Found many "unauthorized" software. Lol.

<< < (3/6) > >>

superboyac:
lol! Reminded me of those guys from Office Space who were in charge of the layoffs.
-nosh (May 20, 2009, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
'Cept those guys were cool.  My company's guys throw the book at you whenever you ask for "fancy' stuff.  And the only reason for it is because they don't want to do any extra work.  They keep saying that if there are problems due to the software, they don't have enough people/time to take care of it.  Whatever.

I liked my previous company.  Whenever I needed something, i'd ask, and they would get it right away.  They trusted my instincts on this stuff.  They would get anything for me, it was great.  Even my management supports me here, it's just the IT guys that give me a hard time, for no reason.  Everyone knows I'm doing this for the benefit of the company, i just don't see what interest they have in making me slower.

MilesAhead:
lol! Reminded me of those guys from Office Space who were in charge of the layoffs.
-nosh (May 20, 2009, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

One of my favorite flicks.  Doing nothing has been my ambition since I can remember. :)

rgdot:
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler

40hz:
you up for something like that?
--- End quote ---

sure.

however my limited experience with companies tells me they won't approve it unless i charge them a very high fee for a corporate site license.  that seems to be the main way they know it's legitimate software  :D

and so i will include a bill for $10,000.
-mouser (May 20, 2009, 01:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser! This is large, hulking, no-brain corporate IT you're gonna talk to.

Stop thinking so small. 8)

Make it at least $50K for the initial license plus $7K for annual maintenance and upgrades. Play your cards right and they might even cough up an additional $10K for 'training' and 'support' tokens.

(Don't laugh. I've seen some of the Big Boys go for deals as ridiculous just to get the issue off their desks. They were going on vacation the following week and wanted it 'done' before they left.  ;) )

"Now you're negotiating!"

MilesAhead:
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler
-rgdot (May 20, 2009, 02:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

What you tttt-talkin' about?  That's mmm-mmm-mmm my stapler!!

Wish they'd keep sendin' me the paycheck after I was fired though.
Some people have all the luck. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version