ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the hell is OpenCandy?

<< < (82/99) > >>

PhilB66:
A little update- I was installing Applian FLV player on my new computer.  It uses Open Candy.  Or at least I *think* it does.  Looking in the EULA, it has something about OpenCandy.  But I wasn't presented with any option other than installing their own premium version... so I'm not sure *what* that was about...
-wraith808 (April 05, 2011, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you have the Freecorder toolbar?
-PhilB66 (April 05, 2011, 02:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't even know what that is.  I don't have any toolbars in my browsers, though.  And nothing was installed other than the FLV player.
-wraith808 (April 05, 2011, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Applian Flv Player is bundled with FreeCorder Toolbar. No OC recommendations, just the EULA though.

wraith808:
A little update- I was installing Applian FLV player on my new computer.  It uses Open Candy.  Or at least I *think* it does.  Looking in the EULA, it has something about OpenCandy.  But I wasn't presented with any option other than installing their own premium version... so I'm not sure *what* that was about...
-wraith808 (April 05, 2011, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you have the Freecorder toolbar?
-PhilB66 (April 05, 2011, 02:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't even know what that is.  I don't have any toolbars in my browsers, though.  And nothing was installed other than the FLV player.
-wraith808 (April 05, 2011, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Applian Flv Player is bundled with FreeCorder Toolbar. No OC recommendations, just the EULA though.

-PhilB66 (April 06, 2011, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Apparently it's not bundled as far as being installed; I don't have it installed on my machine.

Renegade:
-PhilB66 (April 06, 2011, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not quite, but close. There are 2 downloads for it. One includes Freecorder, the other doesn't.

Freecorder is one of their own applications, and isn't a 3rd party toolbar. So basically, it's just getting a bundle with their own software.

mahesh2k:
I was searching for the Pay per install market recently and the rates of download made me chuckle. Check the rates on 21media.biz (sorry not going to give them link).

1000 downloads - 100$ (US downloads), just curious what's the rate of OC in comparison to them ?  :D

Renegade:
I was searching for the Pay per install market recently and the rates of download made me chuckle. Check the rates on 21media.biz (sorry not going to give them link).

1000 downloads - 100$ (US downloads), just curious what's the rate of OC in comparison to them ?  :D
-mahesh2k (April 09, 2011, 01:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Holy Murphy! From 21media:

What do you pay for?

We pay for a unique installation of our EXE-file on a user's computer. By registering in our affiliate program, you receive an EXE-file associated with your ID in our system. We can track the unique installations of this EXE-file on user's computers. The payment for each installation is made according to the rates of the chosen program. The installed EXE-file is safe for users, its activity does not harm users and their computers and it does not violate any law of any country.

How do I start working with your affiliate program?

You need to register and then you'll get a unique EXE-file that you can install by any means except SPAM.
--- End quote ---

That's the kind of program that's perfect for bundling with warez and cracks.

With OC, so far it looks like an auction system, but I'm not sure. Different offers have greater/lesser earnings. You can see that in a control panel screenshot above.

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18297.msg244126#msg244126
Image:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=18297.0;attach=57048;image

Now, whether that's due to better offer acceptance rates or not, I am not sure.

I've posted some information about revenue here:

http://cynic.me/2011/04/09/an-initial-look-at-opencandy-revenue/

That breaks things down by country. The US is worth about $0.50 per accepted offer, but acceptance is only about 21%. Keep in mind that it is a very small data set and not really very reliable. We're talking about the first 10 days of a product on a site that is brand new with no previous exposure. Ground zero.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version