ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the hell is OpenCandy?

<< < (57/99) > >>

40hz:
I've even seen during the worst of their growing pains that severe detractors have said that the level of knowledge of what you've done seems to be absent.
-wraith808 (March 31, 2011, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

You completely lost me on that one. :huh: Could you maybe rephrase it?  :)

wraith808:
I've even seen during the worst of their growing pains that severe detractors have said that the level of knowledge of what you've done seems to be absent.
-wraith808 (March 31, 2011, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

You completely lost me on that one. :huh: Could you maybe rephrase it?  :)

-40hz (March 31, 2011, 03:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

If it was tracking your actions, then subsequent actions would be based on that information.  But several detractors have admitted that it doesn't seem to utilize or even *have* that knowledge, just based on observation.  They might actually have it and not be using it- but that wouldn't seem to make sense either.

Stoic Joker:
So, The torches and pitchfork wielding villagers are incensed by the frankin-monsters insistence on playing possum?

wraith808:
So, The torches and pitchfork wielding villagers are incensed by the frankin-monsters insistence on playing possum?
-Stoic Joker (March 31, 2011, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D  That's one way to put it...

Just a note- I really despise adware, spyware, and those that distribute it.  But like a lot of other pejoratives, I think it's very likely that the effectiveness of labeling something as malware will be diluted if it's applied indiscriminately.

cmpm:
I'm sure there are quite a few entities interested in what is being installed and uninstalled, the time frames, and more.
Gathering a lot of that info would be useful to more then OC and it's developers and advertisers, I'm sure.

So if I install a program with OC's code in it, that info goes to OC and back to the developer and advertiser.
That's what it says it does on their site. Great for all 3 involved- http://www.opencandy.com/ -sign up.
Who else would be interested in that info? And pay for it.
But I really don't care, honestly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version