ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the hell is OpenCandy?

<< < (49/99) > >>

Josh:
Not sure, might have been a previous version of SUMo?
-Tuxman (March 19, 2011, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, you make a claim to see an application installer which has 3 "OpenCandy" ads in it, then fail to produce a name for the application and then fail to verify that the three ads were indeed OC ads. I am all for being against advertisements, adware, and the like, but if you cannot back it up or have definitive facts why make the claim?

They looked all equal, so probably yes.
-Tuxman (March 19, 2011, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

This does not mean they were OC.

Tuxman:
I would have to dig through my latest 3 freeware installations. Gonna do that later, just wanted to mention that some authors misunderstood the concept.

drapps:
Tuxman,

We only allow two third-party offers per installer and consider an OpenCandy-powered recommendation to be a third-party offer. (We restrict the offering of search toolbars to *one* per installer.)

If anyone is interested, scope out our (always evolving as the software landscape does) Software Network Policies which are what prospective and current partners must adhere to (and their products are tested against) are available here: http://opencandy.com/software-network-policies.

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

Tuxman:
Does OpenCandy somehow check if the rules are obeyed?

40hz:
If anyone is interested, scope out our (always evolving as the software landscape does) Software Network Policies which are what prospective and current partners must adhere to
-drapps (March 24, 2011, 02:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I take it you consider a constantly changing "evolving" set of policies a plus? Where does a customer (as opposed to a developer) find assurance in that? Isn't that the same as saying: "subject to change at our whim discretion without notice?"

I would think you'd want your policies in place at product launch rather than have them be "always evolving"  as you go along. I'm quite surprised your VC partners went along with that.
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version