ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the hell is OpenCandy?

<< < (18/99) > >>

mouser:
lol -- it's not enough to criticize what they are doing -- you have to invent predictions of what evil stuff they are going to be doing in 2 years and criticize that?  :huh:
i think we are getting carried away here.

kartal:
well If I predict what they are going to do in the future, they will give up those intentions since they will be exposed earlier:) I am serving a good purpose here :)

mouser you are right. To be fair I do not know who they are, what they are up to ,what they will do in the future. My own prediction of their future activity is personal assumption based on patterns displayed by others, so it is unfair to display such judgement maybe. But how do we make sure that this stuff wont turn into more dangerous than what it is now? My problem is that generally speaking people overall do not understand or do not care about these kinds of stuff so these practices become daily applications, they become norm, people accept them and move on. In reality they should not be a norm, they should not be accepted such easily.

I just would hate to see my favorite applications adapting to this service one by one. Although if they do I would just drop them, no exception.

mouser:
i think it should be pretty clear by now that if OC start to make some evil changes  -- you can be we will all be screaming bloody murder here on this forum :)

kartal:
Well then my task on this planet is done for now :)

app103:
Here is the install screen from my next version of Instant Boss.

Since advertising in installers is now considered acceptable and not obnoxious, I figured I would recommend some product I like.

I have teamed up with a company with a proven track record of abusing the trust of everyone. But don't worry, the founder of the company says he saw the light and he is all reformed now.

He says he won't use any info collected for evil purposes like he used to.

I trust him, because the guy that he sent to talk to me seems like a likable guy, and that is what is really important. Whatever the nice guy says about him must be true and his motives must be pure & honorable, just because the nice guy says he believes it.

Of course I don't have any proof that the nice guy is telling the truth or that he believes what he is saying, himself, but I am going to just trust him any way, even though I think the founder of the company should have gone to jail for a long time for what he did with people's personal information.

I hope you like my recommendation.

</sarcasm>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version