ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the hell is OpenCandy?

<< < (99/99)

J-Mac:

No... I don't misunderstand.  My professional mistakes were as a software developer, so it's very relevant.  I'm sure *many* software developers have made mistakes, and have regrets, just as many people in other fields do.  Does that make them ineligible to make money in their chosen profession?

The people at OC are just that... people.  Yet it's guilt by association, no matter what changes they may have made, no matter what revelations they may have gleaned.  It's easy to demonize companies while holding the company to some standard- but no matter what the legal definition is, a company is not an entity.  And even if it were, that wouldn't hold water either, as OC is not Divx; it just has some of the same people.  So it's not redemption for even Divx as a company.  We're talking about people here, truthfully, and their actions and history.
-wraith808 (April 12, 2011, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nope. With your example any corporation or company is made up of people. Doesn’t get them into my definition of people. Corporations and many companies are entities totally separate from the people who make professional mistakes within them. Doesn’t count at all as far as I am concerned. Investmant companies throw money at them (Apparently they just received $3.5M from one) which they would not do if it was just people. Incorporation takes away the liability from those people, so no, that corporation does not qualify for redemption IMO.

Thank you.

Jim

wraith808:
Nope. With your example any corporation or company is made up of people. Doesn’t get them into my definition of people. Corporations and many companies are entities totally separate from the people who make professional mistakes within them. Doesn’t count at all as far as I am concerned. Investmant companies throw money at them (Apparently they just received $3.5M from one) which they would not do if it was just people. Incorporation takes away the liability from those people, so no, that corporation does not qualify for redemption IMO.
-J-Mac (April 12, 2011, 09:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
But the lack of redemption that is being talked about in this context is for the people, not the company.  OpenCandy has people from Divx, who did a bad thing.  So by association, OpenCandy is not to be trusted.  That's referring to the people.

C'mon, folks, this horse has been beaten entirely too much.  Let's agree to disagree and just move on.
-skwire (April 12, 2011, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm actually enjoying the debate... it's been spirited, but not mean-spirited.  But if people want to let it drop, then... /me shrugs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version