ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the hell is OpenCandy?

<< < (91/99) > >>

Renegade:
I guess I'll just bid adieu.  It is clear I am very out of sync with some of the general thinking here...in that I cannot see how anyone would conclude that this "method" has any coat of acceptability whatsoever.

I say that because, to me, if anything is being done (installed or info sent to wherever) before the user has a chance to prevent it, that unquestionably (in my opinion) constitutes unacceptable behavior.
-movrshakr (April 10, 2011, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree to an extent; just not as passionately as you. Mainly though I just want to keep Renegade from getting cranked back up... see if we can save him from destroying his keyboard in this thread!   ;D

Jim
-J-Mac (April 10, 2011, 10:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! YES! No need to get me all riled up any more! :)

I'm like a dog with a bone sometimes...  :-[

Ok... Most of the time~! :D

I have some more software that I want to get up onto Super Simple, and should get back to work! I've also got more client work for mobile phones and an MMORPG game coming in!

mouser:
i don't mean to push my feelings on anyone.. but do we maybe think the points on this thread have been hashed out several times over, and maybe it's time to move on? just a thought.

J-Mac:
i don't mean to push my feelings on anyone.. but do we maybe think the points on this thread have been hashed out several times over, and maybe it's time to move on? just a thought.
-mouser (April 11, 2011, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

We keep trying... Maybe time to lock this one up for good? If any new information (reall news) comes up I'm sure that someone will start a new thread then.

Thanks!

Jim

Renegade:
-mouser (April 11, 2011, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

No! Never! Mine! Nom nom nom~! :) :P

Sorry... Couldn't resist... :D

Stoic Joker:
A zero tolerance policy for advertising (much as I like the idea) isn't going to help anybody. And OC seems to be doing a fine job of walking a very fine line ... At least to me.

So while it is not something I have any plans to use, it is also not something that would deter me from using a given piece of software.

Ren, if nothing else, you have convinced me of its innocence.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version