ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What the hell is OpenCandy?

<< < (29/99) > >>

cmpm:
asquared malware pro popped up to block an opencandy host ip, twice when clicking on this thread

what does that mean?
seriously...i don't know.....

mouser:
scan was just making a joke, thats a link to an online candy shop that for some reason has something called "opencandy":

wraith808:
An old thread, I know, but this is relevant to the topic and I was very surprised that it's come to this...

mahesh2k:
Looks like kartal wins  :D

app103:
We were having an interesting discussion the other day in the DC IRC channel about this spike in traffic on my blog, all related to a single article I wrote about it almost 2 years ago.

And judging from some of the comments I have been getting, it seems as though some people are having trouble figuring out how OpenCandy ended up on their computer.

A lot seems to have happened in the last 2 years, including OpenCandy switching from opt-in to opt-out (and blaming developers for it) and Microsoft describing the privacy risks as very similar to a lot of what I described in this post.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version