ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Possible Large Directory Opus Discount

<< < (8/9) > >>

Innuendo:
superboyac,
Keep the faith in the authors when making suggestions for improvements. I'm the guy responsibile for DO supporting descript.ion files. When version 6.x.x.x came out and DO supported their one proprietary implementation of filenotes I emailed the author suggesting that it'd be infinitely more useful if they supported the industry standard descript.ion files. They had never heard of such & after a few emails exchanged with Dr. Greg Whatshisname (Sorry, can't remember his surname) listing out some of the many programs that supported the file format & a pointer to the inventer of the file format JPSoft's web pages documenting the file structure Dr. Greg wrote me back and said they'd look into including it into DO.

Fast forward many months later when DO v8 was released & voila...descript.ion functionality was included. I thought this was pretty impressive since the first sentence in my first email to the authors stated specifically that I was just a trial user & not a customer.

Oh, and good job on the cloning of Total Commander's interface! If DO could handle archive formats as transparently as TC does I'd seriously consider switching.

Darwin:
Hi Carol, I see what you mean... I've always liked that display too. However, I've never made much use of Windows Explorer in XP, having purchased DOpus while I was still running Win2k, and was unaware that that you could display anything other than "my computer" this way. I'll try to find out about this on the users forum and will get back to you here.

Carol Haynes:
that has got to be the greatest number of drives i've seen on one machine, Carol.

cool.
-nudone (January 07, 2006, 02:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

We aim to impress ;)

Carol Haynes:
Hi Carol, I see what you mean... I've always liked that display too. However, I've never made much use of Windows Explorer in XP, having purchased DOpus while I was still running Win2k, and was unaware that that you could display anything other than "my computer" this way. I'll try to find out about this on the users forum and will get back to you here.
-Darwin (January 08, 2006, 12:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks

Darwin:
OK, here's what we have so far. The developer has responded http://resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?p=6745#6745 to say that this isn't an option currently but is in the works for a future version. One of the moderators also responded to Hirudin's question about Win-E and asked that I pass on his remarks:

"I noticed another question within the same thread. Please could you pass back my answer:

Quote:
I have a layout that I would like to be opened every time I open DO, no matter if I press WIN+E, double click the desktop, open with the tray icon, or with a shortcut. How do I use the same layout for everything?

If you go to Preferences / Double-Click / Desktop there are options which allow you to set the desktop double-click and the tray-icon double-click to open a specific layout.

To create a shortcut to a layout go to Preferences / Layout / Saved Layouts and drag the layout from the list to a directory.

That leaves the Win-E shortcut which you cannot change. Win-E always goes to My Computer by definition. This isn't an Opus thing but a Windows thing and, as far as I know, cannot be changed. I think if you try and override Win-E then it won't work (Windows gets to and swallows the keypress before anything else).

Opus does let you define other hotkeys which can be system-global (i.e. Opus doesn't have to be the active program when you press them) and which can open a layout or do whatever you want. If you go to Customize / Keys in Opus you'll see there's already a Win-O hotkey which opens a new lister (go new). You could change this, or add a different hotkey, to open a specific layout.

If the layout is called "moo" then the command to open it would be Prefs LAYOUT=moo"

Hope this helps clarify things for Carol and for Hirudin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version