ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Scan music collection for missing covers/artwork

<< < (3/15) > >>

skwire:
cranioscopical came up with "Covart Operations" as the name.  Clever...I'm really liking it.

worstje:
Sorry, short post since I'm in a hurry and at work but I felt I should post ASAP. =)

1. It looks awesome. I personally had small cover thumbnails in mind originally, but given the purpose of the tool it doesn't seem all that necessary.
2. Oh right, other image formats is a must. I've got a few PNGs and GIFs scattered throughout my collection as well. The order in which I mentioned them is totally fine.
3. Does it scan the tags of files for cover art yet? I only see folder.jpg entries in your list, hence my question.
4. Seeing your screenshots I figure it might be useful to be able to sort the list on different criteria too, such as the Cover type column. Does the stand headerclick functionality work?

I'll get around to testing it for myself in ~3 hours, but till then.. :D Thanks!

Edit: Oh, I just remembered... one program I have used for a while, I think it was WMP? supplied plenty of album art but in a different file format. {GUID}.jpg things I think they were.... ah no, AlbumArt_{5AC5A5E9-9CBD-4D75-B52B-F47B7E452D0A}_Small.jpg and _Large versions respectively. Can you check for those too? :)

skwire:
1. It looks awesome. I personally had small cover thumbnails in mind originally, but given the purpose of the tool it doesn't seem all that necessary.
2. Oh right, other image formats is a must. I've got a few PNGs and GIFs scattered throughout my collection as well. The order in which I mentioned them is totally fine.
3. Does it scan the tags of files for cover art yet? I only see folder.jpg entries in your list, hence my question.
4. Seeing your screenshots I figure it might be useful to be able to sort the list on different criteria too, such as the Cover type column. Does the stand headerclick functionality work?
Edit: Oh, I just remembered... one program I have used for a while, I think it was WMP? supplied plenty of album art but in a different file format. {GUID}.jpg things I think they were.... ah no, AlbumArt_{5AC5A5E9-9CBD-4D75-B52B-F47B7E452D0A}_Small.jpg and _Large versions respectively. Can you check for those too? :)
-worstje (May 12, 2009, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

@1) small cover thumbnails?  As in, you wanted to view the image file within Covart?  That can be done.  I've already added a resolution column that will show something like "500x500", etc.
@2) Added.
@3) Not yet.  Do you have a lot of files with art in the tags?
@4) Yes, column sorting works as standard.  Regarding the GUID-named files, is the GUID static?  If not, that's okay, too.

skwire:
I think I've settled on "CovArt Ops" for the final name.   :Thmbsup:

worstje:
The Guid differs for each image, it serves as some kind of identification code for the album in some database I think. And about 1/3rd to 1/2 of my collection has tags in the files I reckon - and I am not sure how much of that also has the files. But just listing the first thing encountered is allright by me =)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version