ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Scan music collection for missing covers/artwork

<< < (2/15) > >>

worstje:
How about... AlbumCoverArtOverviewSuperApplication ? Or just Album Cover Art Overview... or Album Cover Art Completion Checker.... hrm... maybe (Lack of) Cover Art Listing ?

I think I like that last one. What is your preference?

skwire:
I was thinking, maybe, "Cover Art Verifier."

worstje:
Sounds just peachy to me. Approved!  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
Some thoughts...

Ideally, I'd want a big list, sorted by album title. An album could be determined by the directory, as I use one directory per
album.-worstje (May 11, 2009, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

How would you like empty directories to be handled?  I can list them or simply skip them.

Please please PLEASE do not make different artists turn it into different albums, since that's what's making most programs I found throw up with 15 similar covers for different artists - directory criterium alone is all I need.-worstje (May 11, 2009, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

How would you like the main information displayed?  Would you like me to use an Artist & Album column?  A path column?  Both?  I was thinking something like this:

Artist | Album | Cover type | Path

Or, we could base it strictly on paths alone:

Cover type | Path

It should look for the cover in a cover.jpg, folder.jpg, front.jpg as well as tags in the files if files doesn't work. Albums that end up without any cover art should light up red in the list.-worstje (May 11, 2009, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I plan to use appropriately coloured icons in the list.  Acceptable?  Also, when scanning for a cover, I'll stop at the first good match in the order you provide above.  Again, acceptable?

It would also be nice if it was possible to see how the program found the cover (from a file (filename), from tags, etc) and whether it is consistent.-worstje (May 11, 2009, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Easily doable.  Would you like me to check for other image formats as well?  PNG, GIF, etc.?

A way to get the directory the album is in (Copy to clipboard) would also be awesome.-worstje (May 11, 2009, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Piece of cake.  Any other thoughts?

skwire:
Preliminary release...not everything has been implemented.  I'd just like to see if this is along the lines of what you had in mind.  Drag-n-drop a folder to the listview or use the toolbar button.  It seems to be pretty quick; I scanned 13374 folders in about five and half minutes.

Download: CovArt Ops

Let me know what you think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version