ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

NoteZilla @ 50% off on BitsDuJour.com (13th May)

<< < (3/4) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

A bit strange. Plimus always works well for me, although I am careful to save both a .pdf pic and the pertinent info (into Linkman) if questions come up, to have the purchase info.

I did appreciate learning how good is Stickies as well, however I went today's Notezilla route, since those two features above, tags and program attachment (actually attaches to the 'window' seen by the process manager) will be top everyday features .. plus I think it has a few other niceties.  Once I used it once I got the feel. Nice to have two fine programs to consider, one freeware, one shareware discount, for me NoteZilla is the more appropriate. The main thing is that the sticky fades away by itself, if you want it to, when the attached program is minimized, or webpage. Until today that feature had never even crossed my field of vision or mental synapses.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

Dormouse:
I'm well aware that this is the sort of app where 'small' features and UI differences can make the difference between something you use all the time and something used rarely. So I was certainly willing to give it a go and saw enough to make me want to try buying and then seeing how much I use it. But I never can get through the final CC submission page with Plimus, every other company and it takes a few seconds and there may be a page from the CC provider for me to give final approval. And no time to sort out an alternative with CW (need to go out now). I'm sure I used to be able to buy stuff from Plimus in the past, but not this year.

Stickies will attach to programs too; can only attach to one thing at time though. But then I haven't thought of a reason why I would want to attach to two.

conceptworld:

Hello Dormouse,

We saw the last 24 hours log on Plimus. But didn't find any failed transaction. Can you try again from:
http://www.conceptworld.com/NoteZilla/nz_order.asp

Please go ahead and purchase full price. We will refund back 50% to you.

With what name are you trying to purchase?

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

If stickies attaches to programs, that leaves "tagging" as the major feature (for me) in NoteZilla.  Major enuf.  However Stickies can get a try on my mildly-used work puter, and then I can brainstorm in a month or so :-). 

(No, I wasn't thinking of multi-tagging, but if NoteZilla does that, I will give it a whirl, I can see a small nicety of a note attaching to both the program and the web-page, or multi-web-pages, so it stays up when you are looking at either variety.)

Note that FreewareGenius (and his views are always interesting) has a preference for Shock Sticker as his freeware best, with the emphasis on display and editing.

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2007/10/01/shock-sticker/
Shock Sticker

However it was apparently missing url linking, apps sticking and a notes manager, all in Stickies and NoteZilla (he doesn't look at NoteZilla because his genius-ness is in freeware).  And tagging, in the Zilla. And some of the comments pointed out the lacks. So it is a bit of a non-issue for most of us.

-- NoteZilla and Stickies are the leaders of the pack.

When I originally considered all this -- I thought of sticky notes as oddities, partly based on my earlier limited use.  However now, understanding the linking aspect which defacto supplies both an auto-find and an auto-hide, I see these programs quite favorably.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

Dormouse:
With what name are you trying to purchase?
-conceptworld (May 14, 2009, 04:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

PM sent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version