ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

INfix: easy, capable, but expensive WordPad-like PDF editor

<< < (2/12) > >>

Curt:
... I can provide a link to an order form (for X2) that's prefilled with my name and address. Presumably you could just replace with your own info. (I'm not an affiliate or anything; I just have a saved email from a while back).
-longrun (May 10, 2009, 06:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

- nope!

Dear Curt

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that the e-mail offers we send to our registered customer are intended for their use only and are not meant to be passed or forwarded on to any other individual. In this instance, the offer you have applied for expired in March and as such it is no longer possible, even for our registered customers to purchase the programme at that price.

The e-mail links contained within the e-mail relate specifically to the customer and his/her account. As such, when placing an order using the links contained within the -mail, the order will automatically be placed under their account.

To avoid confusion, I have since cancelled this order and would advise that you register yourself as a Serif customer, subscribe to the e-mail offers so you can also receive offers similar to your friend.
-Serif X2 sales manager
--- End quote ---

cmpm:
You can mess around with pdfs using Infranview.

Ghostscript needs installed first though.
As far as I can tell in 5 minutes, annotating works fine.
But actual editing may not be possible. I don't know.
I haven't tried yet.
Infran will open a pdf with Ghostscript installed.
So it could be possible to edit.
Ghostscript-

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1897&package_id=108733&release_id=658337

Other then that it's a pdf printer or converter, to edit.
Then convert it to pdf, a lot of work.
For free pdf work anyway.

Here's Serif page plus 8 for free if it still works.

http://for-free-on-internet.com/2009/02/serif-page-plus-pdf-8-free-full-commercial-licence-key/

I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for, but free is worth a shot....

Curt:
Serif PagePlus PDF 8 is a "funny" program. It is for desktop publishing, and you may save your job as a pdf file - hence the program's name. However, you cannot use PagePlus to edit or even to open a pdf file, as the only supported extensions are ppp, ppl and ppx!!

Download-lack-of-speed for 96½ MB setup file: 16.48 KB/s = 1:46 hour!   :down:

---

I have Ghostscript, and it was kind of funny to open a pdf file with IrfanView - I never would have thought of such combination.  I just don't need an editor, but the right one. INfix could be that one, if I somehow can get it a *LOT* cheaper than the listed $99/$299.

Curt:
I should tell that SWREG/DigitalRiver right is offering PDF-XChange 4 Pro for $55 to their customers, compared to the listed $74. I have tested it, but 'something' was not working well in my setup - I have forgotten what it was.

cmpm:
Since you are checking your options-

http://www.nitropdf.com/professional/edit-pdf.htm

There is a lot in Nitro.

Sorry serif wasn't what it needed to be.
I'll look into it myself as well.
And see why you can't save as pdf.
Sounds stupid for a pdf program.

I'll post if i find something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version