ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Need help with running FARR in portable mode on a USB drive

<< < (5/5)

shift3r:
thanks mouser and your FARR buddies :D

i've just downloaded v2.86.01 and extracted it into an empty FARR directory.

i expected to get an ini once i ran the FindAndRunRobot.exe but it found my old settings. what else do i have to do to set it up so i can run it on a UFD?

i keep my favourite utilities and other portable things in a directory on my desktop that i sync with my UFD to use everywhere else.

i use win7 and XP on a desktop and a netbook.

mouser:
i expected to get an ini once i ran the FindAndRunRobot.exe but it found my old settings. what else do i have to do to set it up so i can run it on a UFD?
--- End quote ---

Great question.

By default on winXP FARR should use the directory it is running from to store it's settings files.  But on Windows Vista and Windows 7, by default FARR will use your documents and settings directory.  So it sounds like you ran the program on windows 7 and it found your existing settings file.

So what you want to do is change the directory where FARR stores it's settings -- you do that in FARR the same way you do it in all of my applications, by editing the configdir.ini file in your FARR directory.

If you just add the line: PORTABLE=TRUE
to the top of the configdir.ini file, that will solve the problem and tell FARR to save all of its settings files in the current directory where FARR is run from.  You could also use the line: CONFIGDIR = .

shift3r:
thanks mouser.

sorry, i didn't mean to ask a question that had the answer several times, in the very thread i asked it, but i wondered if the info was old and read about some complications.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version