ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Need help with running FARR in portable mode on a USB drive

<< < (4/5) > >>

joby_toss:
I only have "%APPDRIVE%\" checkbox ticked (so I could search only the flash drive) and it even works when using FARR from a TrueCrypt container.
Mine also doesn't ask for the license key but this is saved in the same folder as the executable so this is normal.
What can I do to help?

Edit: I've noticed in the original "ConfigDir.ini" file that the line "// CONFIGDIR = ." has spaces in it. I am using it without spaces (after removing "// "). Do these spaces matter or not?

tomos:
I only have "%APPDRIVE%\" checkbox ticked (so I could search only the flash drive) and it even works when using FARR from a TrueCrypt container.
Mine also doesn't ask for the license key but this is saved in the same folder as the executable so this is normal.
What can I do to help?
-joby_toss (November 27, 2009, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for your generous offer Joby
answer though is - I dont know  :(
I tried unticking all other search folders and it cant find anything at all so it's completely ignoring it's current drive
When I leave Farr scripts ticked it can find the correct aliases (i.e. on usb stick)

I dont have time to mess with it more today- maybe tomorrow I'll start from scratch again & report my steps exactly so they can hopefully be reproduced or I'll find some mistake I've made...

tomos:
I did it from scratch again and it works :-* - I still have the non-working one so will try compare them and see what went wrong -
this time I changed the ini file before starting FARR but dont see why that should make a difference (will report back later or soon)

tomos:
I only have "%APPDRIVE%\"
-joby_toss (November 27, 2009, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
this was what worked

originally I had copied this (but exactly):

you can also use:
%APPDRIVE%\Applications\...
-mouser (June 22, 2009, 05:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
-
I suspect I was meant to fill in my own path instead of the path followed by dots? well I copied & pasted it & left the dots and that's why it didnt work (to create the  %APPDRIVE%\   I removed "Applications" & ended up with %APPDRIVE%\... which also didnt work)

joby_toss:
Glad to see you found the "bug"! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version