topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature request: "toggle variables"  (Read 7780 times)

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Feature request: "toggle variables"
« on: May 29, 2009, 05:34 PM »
Hi, tried to post on the "official feature request" thread, but didn't see how.  :huh:

What I'd like to be able to do is have a series of variables that can be set as a group to "A" or "B."
Example Content:
==============================
Dear parent,
This is to notify you that your [son|daughter] will be graduating soon.  [He|she] will need [his|her] cap and gown fitted for [him|her] prior to graduation.

Then I could choose between [A|B] in one location and the choice would be propagated through the entire document.  Does that make sense?
I'm not sure how this would work...  I guess there would need to be a special kind of radio group such as
=========
()female
=========
There would have to be a way for TFLM to know what group each of the toggle variables corresponded to... ... ...
Maybe this:

Tree group:
=========
()female
=========

Text body:
Dear parent,
This is to notify you that your [Gender:son|daughter] will be graduating soon.  [Gender:He|she] will need [Gender:his|her] cap and gown fitted for [Gender:him|her] prior to graduation.

Did that even make sense?  This is rather cumbersome... Do other people have ideas?
Thanks for considering this  ;D  -steve

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature request: "toggle variables"
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 06:32 AM »
sorry for the delayed reply.. makes complete sense, but there is currently no way to do this..
however i am currently planning a new version of TFLM (and most notably a web version), and this will be one of the features.