ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Geek's "100 things to do before you die" list

<< < (2/6) > >>

momonan:
I thought all geeks were required to learn pen twirling.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqSrGciObbs

app103:
Even better question than how many have you done...

Which one was the first you did?

For me it was either 50 or 62...

I don't remember if my grandmother taught me the constellations before I learned the lock picking, but I learned both as a kid. (and the lock picking was combination locks, not key locks)

It all started when someone in their infinite wisdom thought it would be a good idea to stimulate my curiosity by buying me a giant see-thu combination lock for Christmas.  (thanks dad! :D )

Dell[a]:
I read that list to Gothic and he was getting really agitated. He has done more then half of that list by a long shot... and then plainly said that  the list is not "Geeky".  :P

Then again, this is gothic we are talking about... the geekiest of all geeks. LOL.

40hz:
I read that list to Gothic and he was getting really agitated. He has done more then half of that list by a long shot... and then plainly said that  the list is not "Geeky".  :P

Then again, this is gothic we are talking about... the geekiest of all geeks. LOL.
-Dell[a] (May 06, 2009, 09:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Way cool! If that's true, maybe we should get Gothic to put together The Real Geek's Real Geek List for Donation Coder.

How 'bout it G-Man? 8)

Gothi[c]:
I don't like 'top lists'... but the bulk of these things are things normal (l)users would do. not geeks.... the first things that come to mind would be inventing a time machine, a warp drive, and stuff like that... then stuff like designing a new computer architecture and writing an OS for it, or do some super-computing with FPGA's. One of the applications are decrypting gsm signals in near-real-time. Grabbing all kinds of stuff obscure digital stuff out of the air with modded radio's is fun too. The GNU radio project has it's own hardware and software for playing with these things... etc... but not any of the stuff on that list :) Seriously... learning javascript? writing a wordpress theme? Since when is stuff like that geeky? The java syntax is so simple, infants should be able to do it without effort. In fact, learning any computer language I would consider non-geeky, as any self-respecting geek would grok the syntax of any language within a few hours to a day, depending on the language. Really learning the in's and out's of a language is something done by using it every day over the years, which I don't think is what the author had in mind... meh. Ah, and according to that guy, using tinyurl is geeky now too. Aaaaarghjkllllllll.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version