ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Want to print artist/album list of ogg/mp3 files

<< < (8/9) > >>

skwire:
I didn't mean using folder or file names.  I meant it more like if a group of files within a folder (most folks keep one album in one given folder) contained more than one artist, that "album" could be considered a various artists album.  Does that make things more clear?

superboyac:
Yeah, yeah...I'm just thinking out loud, sorry.  I'm not really suggesting anything that you haven't thought of at this point.  I'm positive whatever you figure out will work fine.

longrun:
There are a few methods that could attempt to handle this but the original poster didn't request it so I never added it.
-skwire (November 18, 2010, 12:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Original poster would be me. I didn't ask you to translate AP into Amharic either, but honestly, don't some things go without saying?

I still marvel that a few hours after inquiring about software like this I had my very own program in hand. Thanks again. I only wish I had similarly catalogued all my LPs before they were stolen a few years back. I can't remember half the music I had.

superboyac, if you ever solve the classical music issue to your satisfaction please let me know.

skwire:
Original poster would be me. I didn't ask you to translate AP into Amharic either, but honestly, don't some things go without saying?-longrun (November 18, 2010, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

It depends.  If an additional feature can be added in a specific manner then, yes, I will usually add it even if I'm not explicitly asked to.  Handling various artist stuff isn't specific, however.  In fact, without proper ALBUM ARTIST tags, it's very inexact and a downright pain in the arse.   :D  As I mentioned before, there are a few methods that could be employed but not all will work for everyone and I really don't want to get mired in a whole bunch of options trying to cater to all scenarios.  Does that help to explain my hesitation in adding this a bit better?

longrun:
Damn. I sincerely and humbly apologize, skwire. This was my obviously lame and misguided attempt at humor. Once again I have learned that things don't always come across in writing as intended. (I guess smileys do have a purpose after all.) I did not ask for and never expected an allowance for various artists and in fact declined your generous offers for additional features. I was merely trying to say once again that you quickly and expertly helped me out with your amazing skills. Please forgive my unartful comment. You deserved better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version