ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Want to print artist/album list of ogg/mp3 files

<< < (3/9) > >>

longrun:
Thanks for all the useful and diverse replies. Sorry for not replying earlier but my phone and Internet access went down Friday; they're still down so I finally drove somewhere with Internet access.

skwire, Album Printer is great. You've already addressed the issue of printing directly from the program. Would it be possible to print in columns? I can't use a comma as a delimiter and then import as a .csv file because some of my artist names already contain commas (e.g., Beatles, The). This is trivial, but ideally I'd like just the first instance of an artist name to print or have some other means of making the list more legible, perhaps a blank line between artists.

As to Various Artist albums I don't think this is a big issue for me. I do, however, have a bunch of classical albums and have never been sure of the ideal way of tagging composer/performer. What's the recommended way of tagging these and VA sets?

Thanks again for your efforts.

skwire:
How about an export to CSV option?

longrun:
Thanks for all the useful and diverse replies. Sorry for not replying earlier but my phone and Internet access went down Friday; they're still down so I finally drove somewhere with Internet access.

The Total Commander suggestion looks good but at least superficially seems more complicated than other solutions; I'm sure you're right that it's quick once you've gotten the hang of it. WhereIsIt seems like a useful program in general; I will explore it in detail when I get the chance.

The MP3tag scripts are really interesting. My favorite of the ones I've tried is html_dano_albumlist_js_ex. This script initially produces an artist list. Clicking on an artist yields that artists' albums, and clicking on an album yields a track list. If anyone could modify the script (http://forums.mp3tag.de/index.php?showtopic=1563) so that the default appearance is artist/album, or could add a button to expand all items one level down, that would be fantastic.

Another script, html_dano_albumlist_js_f, produces an artist/album list in the demo screenshot but doesn't do it that way for me. Apparently my tracks need to be tagged differently.

longrun:
How about an export to CSV option?
-skwire (May 10, 2009, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Since some of my artist names already have commas this wouldn't work properly for me. Some items would be fine and others would have three columns, for example:
Beatles          The          Abbey Road
Beethoven     Sym. #5

skwire:
Added an "Export to CSV" option under the File menu:

Album Printer download

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version