ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Want to print artist/album list of ogg/mp3 files

<< < (5/9) > >>

longrun:
Apologies for the delay.
-skwire (May 10, 2009, 09:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, with the high prices I'm paying I'm shocked that you would take a few minutes off for dinner or something.

This is fantastic. I'm so grateful for your skill and generosity.

skwire:
Well, with the high prices I'm paying I'm shocked that you would take a few minutes off for dinner or something.
This is fantastic. I'm so grateful for your skill and generosity.
-longrun (May 11, 2009, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hehehe...thanks for the kind words; I'm glad you find it useful.  So, are we calling this one done for the time being?   :)

Eóin:
One of the ways in which I'm a dinosaur is that I listen almost exclusively to entire albums, not individual songs-longrun (May 06, 2009, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not exactly a helpful post, but just wanted to add I too tend only to listen to full albums, and almost always on random order too :)

longrun:
So, are we calling this one done for the time being?   :)
-skwire (May 11, 2009, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think so.

Curt:
It would be a lot easier to use some modern version of PrintDir or PrintFolder!

If I should choose to use (the very fine) albumprinter for my 2100 artist folders I would have to wait two or three days before the list is ready for print. And you never asked for a program to read your tags, did you - it will merely create a mess*. All you asked for was a program to print out what artists and albums you have, right? I will take that you have recorded your music in the same way I have: >%Music%>Artist>Album , or what? If So, the simple answer to your initial request is: PrintDir (anno 2009), setting: 'folders only', and you will have the answer in seconds, rather than in days!

-
"a mess*" = Inside the 10cc album The Very Best, are some tracks from Godley&Creme (former 10cc members), but because albumprinter (merely) is reading the tags it says I have an artist's folder named Godley&Creme. I don't, it is a 10cc album = a mess.
Come to think about it, you know there could many other examples like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version