ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

New program: Ethervane StopWatch (freeware)

<< < (3/8) > >>

tranglos:

Could you perhaps create two versions one as it is and one with hundredths of seconds...for precision timing would suit me as well   

-nogojoe (May 05, 2009, 04:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd rather not maintain two separate versions like this, but I'll see if I can add this feature to the program as-is. It won't be all that precise though ;)

AbteriX:
1.3 work for my issue, thanks.

@ECHO OFF
start "" msPaint
start "" eStopWatch.exe /start /noresume /localconfig
exit

Sorry, now i have an another question, if you have still fun to improve eStopWatch:
I don't know if this is possible/easy to implement,
but now i miss an /GetFocus parameter to give eStopWatch always (and every sec again) the focus to catch the F9 stop-press.

Right now, if the other app is fully loaded, this app get the focus and i have to click on eStopWatch first, no matter if i have set the onTop option.

tranglos:
1.3 work for my issue, thanks.

@ECHO OFF
start "" msPaint
start "" eStopWatch.exe /start /noresume /localconfig
exit
I don't know if this is possible/easy to implement,
but now i miss an /GetFocus parameter to give eStopWatch always (and every sec again) the focus to catch the F9 stop-press.

Right now, if the other app is fully loaded, this app get the focus and i have to click on eStopWatch first, no matter if i have set the onTop option.
-AbteriX (May 06, 2009, 12:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

You can press the global hotkey to pause. Granted, it is not the same as Stop, but it will halt the timer faster than by mousing around and clicking the button; you can always click Stop later. By default the hotkey to pause/resume is Shift + Win + F9.

You can change the default shortcut by editing the configuration file, look for settings called HotkeyPauseResumeKey and HotkeyPauseResumeModifier. For example, to just use F9 (by itself) edit the config file as follows:

--- ---HotkeyPauseResumeKey=F9
HotkeyPauseResumeModifier=mkShift,mkWin

Or, to use Alt+Ctrl+S for the hotkey, use:

--- ---HotkeyPauseResumeKey=S
HotkeyPauseResumeModifier=mkAlt,mkCtrl

(I know, there should really be a proper configuration dialog box in the program to define the hotkeys! I'll do that.)

AbteriX:
Shift + Win + F9. works, even if eStopWatch didn't have the focus.

To use F9 alone as HotkeyPauseResumeKey i do use this setting:

--- ---HotkeyPauseResumeKey=F9
HotkeyPauseResumeModifier=

Thank you.

tranglos:
Shift + Win + F9. works, even if eStopWatch didn't have the focus.
-AbteriX (May 06, 2009, 10:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's because it's a global hotkey. Note that if you do use F9 by itself, that key will not work in any other application, as long as the stopwatch is running.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version