ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

New program: Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (freeware)

<< < (15/20) > >>

raymm:
Here is what happpens on my 64 bit machine:

I run activehotkeys, z,s, other keys stops working.
There are other things that happen, if this is useful to you, send me a response.

tomos:
Here is what happpens on my 64 bit machine:

I run activehotkeys, z,s, other keys stops working.
There are other things that happen, if this is useful to you, send me a response.
-raymm (September 11, 2011, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess it's not meant to be left running in the background, but if I use it to check Shift and Alphabetical keys:
the combination of Shift + any alphabetical key has no effect when typing.

(this is my pester Tranglos day :-[ )

tranglos:
I guess it's not meant to be left running in the background, but if I use it to check Shift and Alphabetical keys:
the combination of Shift + any alphabetical key has no effect when typing.-tomos (September 22, 2011, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

It should cause no problems running in the background, because it only does anything during the short moment after you press the Test button. Other than that, it just sits there doing nothing. But I've never tried it on 64-bit windows. Are you running 64-bit?

Windows does not have a method that would list registered hotkeys. The only way to check if a hotkey is in use is to attempt to register it. If the attempt fails, the hotkey is in use. This is what ActiveHotkeys does. When it registers a hotkey successfully (i.e, the hotkey was available), it immediately de-registers it.

If for whatever reason the de-registration failed, there would be trouble, because the hotkey would remain registered and hence unusable in other applications, until you quit ActiveHotkeys. I know of no reason why registration should succeed but de-registration should fail. I've never seen it fail, and MSDN does not list any 64-bit specific issues (or any potential gotchas at all). In any case, quitting ActiveHotkeys should restore all keys to normal behavior.

tomos:
In any case, quitting ActiveHotkeys should restore all keys to normal behavior.
-tranglos (September 22, 2011, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, it's no problem when closed down.
I wouldnt lose any sleep over it, just reporting.

also yeah, 64bit (Win7 pro)

Stoic Joker:
If for whatever reason the de-registration failed, there would be trouble, because the hotkey would remain registered and hence unusable in other applications, until you quit ActiveHotkeys. I know of no reason why registration should succeed but de-registration should fail. I've never seen it fail, and MSDN does not list any 64-bit specific issues (or any potential gotchas at all). In any case, quitting ActiveHotkeys should restore all keys to normal behavior.-tranglos (September 22, 2011, 08:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I used it extensively when coding the HotKeys option into T-Clock and never noticed any ill or even odd behavior. And that was all done on a Windows 7 x64 machine that runs 24/7 for months at a time ... And ActiveHotKeys was running along just fine the whole time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version