ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

New program: Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (freeware)

<< < (8/20) > >>

tranglos:
It's definitely worth a try though.
--- End quote ---
i don't know if it really is.. but it's at least worth thinking about.
-mouser (May 09, 2009, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I forgot to add (though it's almost obvious) that what we are describing is already possible, with some manual work. You can save a report to file, close an app (or start a new one), then create and save another report and compare the two reports with a file compare tool.

If anyone tries this, please remember to use the same exact key selections and sort order for both reports, otherwise the comparison will be too messed up to work with. (Just don't change any options between the two runs.)

i mean there may still actually be a way to investigate the memory used by windows system and find out directly which programs have registered which global hotkeys, though obviously not easily.
-mouser (May 09, 2009, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

I wonder if anyone has access to a program called WinHex. It comes in several editions, quite expensive all. One of the top editions has a feature to make a dump of (all?) system memory. I don't know if that includes kernel memory and other regions of RAM reserved by the OS, or only application-side memory. With some luck though it might be possible to find out where the registered hotkeys are stored. OTOH, I'm not at all sure if I could then replicate such a memory dump in Delphi. It's quite a deep-hacking thing.

dpradov:
Hello tranglos
It seems that you are Marek Jedlinski, the author of the program KeyNote. I tried to contact with you through your mail but it was impossible.
I only wanted to give you thanks for your KeyNote program and tell you that as I am a very active user of that program, someday I decided to download your source and added some funcionality I missed. I did share that new version (fork) in SourceForge and finally in Google Code as "KeyNote NF"
http://code.google.com/p/keynote-nf/

Although my first intention was only to add a few things, I keep maintaining that new version, at least in the short free time I encounter.

You will be welcome there
Regards
Daniel Prado

PD: Sorry for this intromission in the thread.  :D

vinayakjoshi:
Marek, looks like you have started hobby programming again.  :)

Keynote is one of my most favorite programs that I have ever used.

I hope you get the motivation to restart on keynote at least, if not the other programs.

kartal:
Hello tranglos
It seems that you are Marek Jedlinski, the author of the program KeyNote. I tried to contact with you through your mail but it was impossible.
I only wanted to give you thanks for your KeyNote program and tell you that as I am a very active user of that program, someday I decided to download your source and added some funcionality I missed. I did share that new version (fork) in SourceForge and finally in Google Code as "KeyNote NF"
http://code.google.com/p/keynote-nf/

Although my first intention was only to add a few things, I keep maintaining that new version, at least in the short free time I encounter.

You will be welcome there
Regards
Daniel Prado

PD: Sorry for this intromission in the thread.  :D
-dpradov (May 12, 2009, 01:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hey great job with updates. I just gave it a go it is looking nice however there is one major feature went missing. What happened to drag and drop support? In previous versions I could drag and drop text files from explorer. It does not work now.

I thing Tranglos will get back to Keynote eventually, it will haunt him :)

PhilB66:
Keynote-nf thread @ https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17493.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version