ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

New program: Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (freeware)

<< < (7/20) > >>

tranglos:
Bug: If the "About" tab is open when you click "Test Active Hotkeys" you get an error. You need to force it to open the Active Hotkeys tab before attempting to test.
-Carol Haynes (May 07, 2009, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed in the new release (1.1.0)

tranglos:
- Added support for multimedia and browser keys that some keyboards have. Typically, these keys will be shown as inactive, even though they "work". That is because the operating system does not register these keys as hotkeys with itself. However, some applications (e.g. Winamp), can register these keys, and then you'll see them listed as active.

- The "Show only active keys" option has been replaced with a three-way toggle: Show all, Show only active keys, and Show only inactive keys. The F5 key now cycles through these three options.

...and more (see the History section in the Readme post)

Download links at the bottom here and in the top post.

mouser:
If one *wanted* to discover what applications the hotkeys belonged to.. you could have a special mode that starting closing/killing applications and watching which hotkey assignments were released, and keeping that on record.

tranglos:
If one *wanted* to discover what applications the hotkeys belonged to.. you could have a special mode that starting closing/killing applications and watching which hotkey assignments were released, and keeping that on record.
-mouser (May 09, 2009, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been thinking about that, yes. I could include a "comparison" mode, where you would run the test twice and compare results. That will take a while though, since for such a feature to work well I need to drop the listview and use a more powerful control, a grid maybe, where I could filter lines and mark them with color (like file comparison apps do).

That would still not help with hotkeys defined by Windows (Win+E, Win+R, etc.) - though these are pretty much standard - or with hotkeys registered by apps that start with the system and aren't easy to shut down, such as various firewalls and a/v programs. It's definitely worth a try though.

mouser:
It's definitely worth a try though.
--- End quote ---

i don't know if it really is.. but it's at least worth thinking about.

i mean there may still actually be a way to investigate the memory used by windows system and find out directly which programs have registered which global hotkeys, though obviously not easily.  i wouldn't start implementing this other method just yet -- but at least it's something to consider for the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version