ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Hunt For Gollum - 40 Min. Fan-Made Movie

<< < (4/6) > >>

Shades:
Yes, is the meh for the links or for the movie effort?

40hz:
Meh.  :-\
-40hz (May 03, 2009, 04:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
Care to elaborate hertz man?

Ehtyar.
-Ehtyar (May 03, 2009, 05:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry E. Just me being crotchety. :)

Visuals were nice, and bits of it were good, but I just didn't care for it overall. I felt the screenplay was lacking, even if the CG work was impressive. Amazing length for a fan piece however! Most of these things only run about 3 minutes.

On a positive note, these folks didn't mangle any elements in the original story. Which is more than I can say for Walsh, Boyens, and Jackson. (I'm still irked by what they did to several key plot points and story elements in the New Line Cinema release - and I don't buy their reasons for why they believed such changes were necessary. >:( )

---

P.S. This link seems to work just fine: http://www.dailymotion.com/huntforgollum

This HD link works:

http://www.dailymotion.com/user/huntforgollum/video/x93zji_the-hunt-for-gollum-hd-version_shortfilms   

If you're using Firefox, Download Helper and FlashGot add-ons also seem to work with this link if you wanted to grab all 289MBs of it.

wraith808:
Nicely done... much better than I thought, and much better than most fan efforts.

Ehtyar:
Don't know how you managed top get your hands on the 1280x720 version Hertz Man, but congrats. I got ahold of the 512x384 version here.

I also was very pleased with the story. I thought everything except the sound was excellent, for what it was. I didn't go into expecting it to be of LOTR proportions, but I'm certainly glad to have seen it. The sound really needs to be normalized, it hurt my ears in parts, and I wanted it to be louder than max in others.

Don't worry about being crotchety Hertz Man, we all have those days :)

Ehtyar.

f0dder:
On a positive note, these folks didn't mangle any elements in the original story. Which is more than I can say for Walsh, Boyens, and Jackson. (I'm still irked by what they did to several key plot points and story elements in the New Line Cinema release - and I don't buy their reasons for why they believed such changes were necessary. >:( )-40hz (May 03, 2009, 09:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way - people usually try to tell me off with "a movie adaptation can't follow the book by the letter", "you're just grumpy" et cetera. Well, sure, I didn't expect a by-the-letter adaptation (duh!), but some of the changes are just... reason enough to plant an axe somewhere fleshy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version