ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: TV Show/Movie Library - Discussion

<< < (4/4)

Nod5:
This is a pretty complex thing that you're after and I have no possibility to work on it ATM.

It has some similarities to what I was aiming for with the AlbumDisplayer plugin (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=13955.0 ) -- to very quickly, and without stealing too much focus from other apps, let the user browse/filter through a collection of some sort and then do actions (play audio/run game) on the items. Though AlbumDisplayer is currently in a much cruder form than the thing you're requesting and it presupposes that the images are downloaded separately.

I still think that FARR could be a great media library displayer. A plugin that utilizes Everything search could very quickly do live searches for thumbnails, read metadata files (separate apps to download metadata and covers for music already exist) and display results in a slick large-thumbnailed FARR window. The user can then filter further or run or otherwise interact with the content items. That type of setup could work well for music, movies, tv episodes, books, games, image collections, comics -- well almost anything one can collect and represent visually through a thumbnail.

Coeluh:
This is a pretty complex thing that you're after and I have no possibility to work on it ATM.

It has some similarities to what I was aiming for with the AlbumDisplayer plugin (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=13955.0 ) -- to very quickly, and without stealing too much focus from other apps, let the user browse/filter through a collection of some sort and then do actions (play audio/run game) on the items. Though AlbumDisplayer is currently in a much cruder form than the thing you're requesting and it presupposes that the images are downloaded separately.

I still think that FARR could be a great media library displayer. A plugin that utilizes Everything search could very quickly do live searches for thumbnails, read metadata files (separate apps to download metadata and covers for music already exist) and display results in a slick large-thumbnailed FARR window. The user can then filter further or run or otherwise interact with the content items. That type of setup could work well for music, movies, tv episodes, books, games, image collections, comics -- well almost anything one can collect and represent visually through a thumbnail.
-Nod5 (May 03, 2009, 05:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
The FARR ting could be activated via a shortcut like tv and then the search query. But I think I can not create such thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version