ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > What's the Best?

Video Splitter: What's the best AND easiest?

<< < (2/3) > >>

superboyac:
I just can't get over the fact that almost all these software houses have two separate products - one for splitting and one for joining, I'd have thought they're two sides of the same coin!
-nosh (May 02, 2009, 10:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
I know.  I think it's another example of how one software company starts doing it a certain way and everyone else follows, especially when it comes to making more money.  It's like why do all DSL services have annual subscriptions, but cable modem doesn't?

superboyac:
Depending on the codec, AviDemux might work for you.
-MilesAhead (May 02, 2009, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

lanux128:
Boilsoft's Video Splitter comes close but it doesn't seem to have volume control..
-lanux128 (May 02, 2009, 09:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh yeah, I forgot about this one!  Yes, Boilsoft is also very good.  i have nothing to complain about it, except for the volume thing.  I would put it up there with Movie Toolbox.
-superboyac (May 02, 2009, 01:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

it does look quite spiffy. maybe you should write to Boilsoft and get them to include the volume thingy. :)

superboyac:
Man, I'm going through this again.  I'm still shocked that there isn't a popular, free lossless splitting program out there.  It sounds like AviMux is useful, but it's not clear whether it does lossless splitting.  It seems like it does, but there's too many nerdy dialogs and things that come up that make me doubt it.  Ugh...video stuff is always such a pain.

superboyac:
Man, I'm going through this again.  I'm still shocked that there isn't a popular, free lossless splitting program out there.  It sounds like AviMux is useful, but it's not clear whether it does lossless splitting.  It seems like it does, but there's too many nerdy dialogs and things that come up that make me doubt it.  Ugh...video stuff is always such a pain.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version